Kraton Pps motor mount question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan10R

Rich Duperbash wannabe
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
For the people who have or have had pps motor mount. Is it worth the 100$? Well I sure it's worth it. Looks well machined and looks super sexy. But my stock motor mount is fine. I have the HR center diff cover. But was just thinking of buying one. Just looking for someone to give me the push lol

Stock works fine for stock motors/esc (Max8 clones), bigger motors with may more power will benefit from the whole center diff mount setup. Castle Mamba Monster X 8S and a 1717 1650kv motor can flex the entire diff mount if not upgraded. (Note: can does not necessarily mean will)

the dark knight joker GIF

Get one!! 😎

Stock works fine for stock motors/esc (Max8 clones), bigger motors with may more power will benefit from the whole center diff mount setup. Castle Mamba Monster X 8S and a 1717 1650kv motor can flex the entire diff mount if not upgraded. (Note: can does not necessarily mean will)
For sure I running the 4985 1650kv and it almost sitting on the chassis will the PPS motor mount raise it up a little bit?

for a 1650 setup it's worth it. And when you thread that screw in the first time you mesh your pinion that 100 bucks will seem like pennys. The mesh screw is just friggin genius.
Thanks I was wondering about that mesh screen. Never comes loose?
Love mine. I think I have four now 🤣
Lol well let me get one 😜

She is but I try keep my rigs clean o.c.d 🙄. But haven't had time to give her the first rip yet. Busy with work. Hopefully this weekend 👊
Yeah I have a few garage queens myself. 😂

I have a Kraton exb on order and due this month. I have the max6 1650kv combo for it and I heard some people have the issue of the motor hitting the chassis. Will this help with that? If so where are you guys ordering it from?

I have a Kraton exb on order and due this month. I have the max6 1650kv combo for it and I heard some people have the issue of the motor hitting the chassis. Will this help with that? If so where are you guys ordering it from?

Order it direct from Practical prototype solutions
If they happen to say it's on back order, purchase it anyway and it will be ready soon after. It is almost a made-after-order sort of situation.

https://practicalproto.com/

The mount does provide some extra clearance from the chassis and allows both 1/8 and 1/5 motor mounting options. You just have to be gentle with threading the screws and don't rush things. The precision is at another level from the RTR junk, but you could strip the aluminum if you try to force things.

Order it direct from Practical prototype solutions
If they happen to say it's on back order, purchase it anyway and it will be ready soon after. It is almost a made-after-order sort of situation.

https://practicalproto.com/

The mount does provide some extra clearance from the chassis and allows both 1/8 and 1/5 motor mounting options. You just have to be gentle with threading the screws and don't rush things. The precision is at another level from the RTR junk, but you could strip the aluminum if you try to force things.
Thanks! So this is the part I want? The EXB is the Kraton I am getting not the RTR if that makes a difference.
1657548747650.png

Thanks! So this is the part I want? The EXB is the Kraton I am getting not the RTR if that makes a difference.
View attachment 229088

Yep the mount is virtually the same for all the various 6s models but if you want to retain the roll bar mounts then that is the correct one you selected there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back