PPS Screw Adjusting motor mount for the V4 6s Platform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct. You may need the 4xM3 screws up top, I'm not sure if you will have the correct ones already but you might!
Didn't even think about the screws to be honest thanks. M3x12 cap heads I have tons of those.

So ran into a little depth problem with the M3x12 from the Infraction diff cap. Need a M3x10 in the motor mount it seems. Got it covered.

Attachments

• 87DA0FB1-0199-41E6-A3B6-9A913D621EC6.jpeg
    87DA0FB1-0199-41E6-A3B6-9A913D621EC6.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 62
So ran into a little depth problem with the M3x12 from the Infraction diff cap. Need a M3x10 in the motor mount it seems. Got it covered.

Sorry about that man. The first run of frames were drilled and tapped deep enough for M3x14's, with a smidge of room. There was one run where I thought it was a good idea to make that screw hole shallower. I had included M3x10's with those mounts (they may even still be in your package). If not, I may have had a straggler M3x10 frame get mixed in with the new batch where I went to the current M3x12 holes.

Long story short, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and the holes have already been fixed. I do appreciate you letting me know though!

Actually now that you mentioned it the M3x10’s were in the package, using them now. Thanks for the quick reply. Saved me a trip to LHS. But I don’t mind going there any time.

Just wanted to give a heads up for those of us running the @Mr.Duke fan mount and this motor mount on the Outcast they are not compatible with each other.
They hit where I circled in red
I circled in orange the screw hole in the chassis just for reference.
?
InkedInked20200226_205932_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to give a heads up for those of us running the @Mr.Duke fan mount and this motor mount they are not compatible with each other.
?
View attachment 67283
This is the Outcast? Wondering if the newer design for the longer Mojave chassis will still be trouble. I'll see soon enough but at least it's not the end of the world. Thanks for the head's up for sure.

Just wanted to give a heads up for those of us running the @Mr.Duke fan mount and this motor mount they are not compatible with each other.
?
View attachment 67283
I am unfamiliar with this fan mount. That is a good heads up though.

I did try to maintain an OE footprint, with just a smidge extra. By smidge, I mean about .010".

If it's not fitting, it's not fitting by a very little bit.

I hate saying it outloud, but it's likely quick work with a file, or sandpaper even on either part.

Here's a couple photos with the stock factory frame over my frame to get an idea how close it is.
20200226_233021.jpg
20200226_233246.jpg
20200226_233148.jpg
20200226_233049.jpg

You could safely Dremel, file or use a grinding wheel on the top edge of the fan bracket where it needs clearance. That hole under there is just being used as a locator hole so that it can’t rotate on impact.
I’ll make sure any future brackets take this mount into account and if anyone wants to send me the bracket I’ll modify it at no cost and ship it back.

You could safely Dremel, file or use a grinding wheel on the top edge of the fan bracket where it needs clearance. That hole under there is just being used as a locator hole so that it can’t rotate on impact.
I’ll make sure any future brackets take this mount into account and if anyone wants to send me the bracket I’ll modify it at no cost and ship it back.

Thank you. I have a dremel style tool and should be an easy fix for everyone. Good to know from Slick that it's something needing to be addressed. The fan mount is so solid as it is that a little shave won't make a difference....(I like it shaved anyway...like bald, wet chicken skin.)

I am unfamiliar with this fan mount. That is a good heads up though.

I did try to maintain an OE footprint, with just a smidge extra. By smidge, I mean about .010".

If it's not fitting, it's not fitting by a very little bit.

I hate saying it outloud, but it's likely quick work with a file, or sandpaper even on either part.

Here's a couple photos with the stock factory frame over my frame to get an idea how close it is. View attachment 67288View attachment 67289View attachment 67290View attachment 67291
I'll have to take a dremel to the fan mount for sure.

These are awesome! I will be ordering one for my EXB.
Do you know what mount i need if im running the castle 1717 1650kv motor?

Thanks!!

Nick

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back