PPS Screw Adjusting motor mount for the V4 6s Platform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPS-RC

Very Active Member
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
This is an exciting product from me, PPS-RC! The Screw Adjusting Motor Mount!

mount on kraton.jpg

It's for the V4 6s BLX platform with top loading diffs only, but that's quite a lineup of compatible vehicles! Available at PPS-RC.com

Long gone are the days chasing that perfect gear lash. Having everything set in just about the right spot, just for it to move the second you tighten up the bolts.

The stainless steel screw serves dual purpose. Not only does it adjust the gear lash, but it also serves as an internal torque anchor. It ties the motor plate right to center mass of the mount.
20200204_164950.jpg

Featuring cooling fins for both style and function. They may not be huge, but there's nearly a 100% increase of surface area right at the motor, where the turbulent air of the gears can sweep some heat away. No, it probably won't replace a motor heatsink/fan, however even little things can make a difference. Plus it looks badass!
20200204_165116.jpg

Also included is a "Top Clamp" plate, that evenly distributes the load of the top clamp screws, Increasing the surface area of the clamp force while protecting the beautifully machined motor mount frame from getting marred up by the screws.
20200204_165012.jpg

This will bolt into any of the Arrma 6s V4 BLX vehicles with the top loading center differential however the screw adjuster is low on the mount. On the Notorious/Outkast, and Mojave platforms with tall side guards, a hole may be drilled for easy access. Otherwise, you could use a wrench.

This mount has more range in it than a factory mount does. You could run up to a 34t pinion on a 36t spur!

Also available with an optional 30mm spacing motor plate to allow you to run LARGE motors up to 58mm in diameter! This adapter will allow you to run even larger gearing! (Up to a 42t pinion on a 46t spur!)
20200204_165433.jpg

20200204_165356.jpg

People have been diggin this mount, and are surprised by how useful the lash adjuster is. It's been a ton of fun for me to see what people have been doing with them!

Here's my product video, it's a bit winded but I do go over everything in (excruciating) detail. I'm good at making parts, not videos haha!

Buy one here - https://practicalproto.com/collections/frontpage/products/v4mount

Attachments

• 20200204_165244.jpg
    20200204_165244.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 91
This is the best mount I’ve seen from anyone. Awesome job brother! I don’t know if you’ve seen my comments regarding this in your intro thread but this will be the go to mount once everyone finds out about it. Look out M2C is all I gotta say because there is a ton of good and practical design and engineering here that isn’t offered anywhere else. If I wouldn’t have just spent money on a new set of PL MX tires for my Typhon I would be ordering one right now but best believe this is the one I buy when the time comes. I was going to go with M2C eventually because I hate the new V4 motor mounts due to the fit of the groove being crap which kicks the motor shaft axis off from parallel to the spur and its a pain to keep straight when locking it down. This fixes all of that.

All I have to say is look out M2C. I really can’t wait to see what else you come up with.

This is an exciting product from me, PPS-RC! The Screw Adjusting Motor Mount!

View attachment 65747

It's for the V4 6s BLX platform with top loading diffs only, but that's quite a lineup of compatible vehicles! Available at PPS-RC.com

Long gone are the days chasing that perfect gear lash. Having everything set in just about the right spot, just for it to move the second you tighten up the bolts.

The stainless steel screw serves dual purpose. Not only does it adjust the gear lash, but it also serves as an internal torque anchor. It ties the motor plate right to center mass of the mount.
View attachment 65741
Featuring cooling fins for both style and function. They may not be huge, but there's nearly a 100% increase of surface area right at the motor, where the turbulent air of the gears can sweep some heat away. No, it probably won't replace a motor heatsink/fan, however even little things can make a difference. Plus it looks badass!
View attachment 65743

Also included is a "Top Clamp" plate, that evenly distributes the load of the top clamp screws, Increasing the surface area of the clamp force while protecting the beautifully machined motor mount frame from getting marred up by the screws.
View attachment 65742

This will bolt into any of the Arrma 6s V4 BLX vehicles with the top loading center differential however the screw adjuster is low on the mount. On the Notorious/Outkast, and Mojave platforms with tall side guards, a hole may be drilled for easy access. Otherwise, you could use a wrench.

This mount has more range in it than a factory mount does. You could run up to a 34t pinion on a 36t spur!

Also available with an optional 30mm spacing motor plate to allow you to run LARGE motors up to 58mm in diameter! This adapter will allow you to run even larger gearing! (Up to a 42t pinion on a 46t spur!)
View attachment 65745

View attachment 65746

People have been diggin this mount, and are surprised by how useful the lash adjuster is. It's been a ton of fun for me to see what people have been doing with them!

Here's my product video, it's a bit winded but I do go over everything in (excruciating) detail. I'm good at making parts, not videos haha!

Buy one here - https://practicalproto.com/collections/frontpage/products/v4mount

Which one do I need to mount the Kraton 8S motor in an Infraction?

I will be a customer in upcoming months for sure!

Any plans @PPS-RC to machine some options for the top piece (gear cover)?

I foresee 2 needs:
1. Retain an OEM design for the bashers.
2. A design for the speed guys using the Typhon 6s, Limitless, and Infraction where a flat top would benefit them.
- provides ESC mounting real-estate
- slimmer look
center brace 1.jpg

I will be a customer in upcoming months for sure!

Any plans @PPS-RC to machine some options for the top piece (gear cover)?

I foresee 2 needs:
1. Retain an OEM design for the bashers.
2. A design for the speed guys using the Typhon 6s, Limitless, and Infraction where a flat top would benefit them.
- provides ESC mounting real-estate
- slimmer look

This mount for sure will not fit that setup. It has the flat low profile captured diff bearing design.

My mount here is designed to be an exact replacement for the V4 drop in diff style mount compatible only with the vehicles listed HERE

A redesign would be pretty rough anytime soon. I'll be honest, I have about a month solid of 12-18 hour days into this design. (Haven't had a day off since I could remember)

It seems like a simple thing, just make it shorter... but that removes a lot of the space and strength required for the adjuster mount to work. Also I have a lot of time, effort and money into tools and fixturing specific to only this design. At this point, I'm happy with this v4 mount, and I need to move onto making more new parts.

I may circle back in the future and create a low profile version. I just don't have the time needed to give it the proper attention.

That being said...
I AM working on a differential cap right now that I know people are going to like.

This mount for sure will not fit that setup. It has the flat low profile captured diff bearing design.

My mount here is designed to be an exact replacement for the V4 drop in diff style mount compatible only with the vehicles listed HERE

A redesign would be pretty rough anytime soon. I'll be honest, I have about a month solid of 12-18 hour days into this design. (Haven't had a day off since I could remember)

It seems like a simple thing, just make it shorter... but that removes a lot of the space and strength required for the adjuster mount to work. Also I have a lot of time, effort and money into tools and fixturing specific to only this design. At this point, I'm happy with this v4 mount, and I need to move onto making more new parts.

I may circle back in the future and create a low profile version. I just don't have the time needed to give it the proper attention.

That being said...
I AM working on a differential cap right now that I know people are going to like.
Sounds good to me. I understand the need requirements. I will have to change that mount when I move to a 56mm motor and re-design the center brace anyway...

BTW I like the price point of your products. Will that be staying the same for some time?

Sounds good to me. I understand the need requirements. I will have to change that mount when I move to a 56mm motor and re-design the center brace anyway...

BTW I like the price point of your products. Will that be staying the same for some time?
I did underprice this mount for the work into it, but when I put a final price on something... that's the price. New products, while in the "Prerelease" stage will often be priced at an under estimated cost. After I do a couple runs, and do the final release the price may be adjusted for actual time vs estimated.

Other than that, I'm trying to make a living but I'm not trying to be king of the world. I will always try to keep my pricing reasonable. At the same time I'm not going to try to undercut everyone else and their pricing. I do want everyone to stay in business. And lastly I want to be a good option when you are looking to buy a part, not the cheap option. We'll see if that idealistic attitude changes over time. I don't expect it to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back