Pre-assembled shocks for Arrma Senton Mega?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullystitches

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I’m looking for built or Pre-Assembled shocks for my senton mega but not sure what fits and what doesn’t. If links to some could be posted would be much Appreciate. Thanks

I actually bought those for the front but I couldn’t get the piston together for the life of me no matter how hard I tried. I could get it to snap with one o-ring but not two. I tried putting it together with one but then I had another problem with getting it into the stock body

I actually bought those for the front but I couldn’t get the piston together for the life of me no matter how hard I tried. I could get it to snap with one o-ring but not two. I tried putting it together with one but then I had another problem with getting it into the stock body
It's been a minute since I built mine but if I remember correctly it doesn't stay together till you screw everything else in place...

This guy's vid does a decent job showing how to assemble them:

So for the 3s trucks I've tried most of the popular shock swaps including 6s shocks, zd shocks, and eBay big bore shocks. Here's my order of preference for each of the 3.

My first choice would be typhon 6s shocks (if you can find them). The lengths and spring weights are very close to stock so you don't have to change anything if you just want to install and not need to mess with them in any way first. The only thing you'd have to do is add a bushing of some kind to the shock cap. Axial makes a direct fit bushing (axial part #AXA1356), but you could also get away with a makeshift bushing like rubber tubing or nitro fuel line. Downside to these is they are pricey and hard to find right now.

Second choice would be ZD racing shocks. They are well made but they will require some tweaking to set up. The shafts are a bit long so you need to take some length out of them with shaft spacers. The springs are also a bit heavier so swapping them for 6s typhon springs or 4s arrma kraton/outcast springs seems to be a good fit. The rod ends aren't the best so swapping my to HD arrma or Tekno ends/spring perches would do nicely with them. So while they need a few things to make them comparable to 6s typhon shocks, they are cheap.

Last would be the eBay big bores for me. They are decent for what they are and their price, but they have a few drawbacks. The shock bodies and top/bottom caps are all rounded smooth so tightening these is annoying because you can't use any tools. These also don't have a bleeder cap nor do they have bladders so bleeding them can be tricky, especially combined with the rounded smooth caps. They also come with no oil so you have to oil them yourself, also because they use 5mm shafts so finding replacements for rods and rod ends will be iffy because they don't sell kit spares for these and I haven't found any spares from other brands that drop in. Basically what makes this kit good is the price and that the length and spring weight is close to stock.

Anyways there are lots of info in the shock thread if you want to go through everything, including all the info on the shock stuff I mentioned.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back