Pre-vented..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Posted elsewhere but thought it deserved its own post..?

This taken directly from the new Kraton EXB manual..

Vented from the factory at last..??

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 18.33.03.jpeg

Saw this couple days ago.. The way i understand it.. They have air holes drilled standard, in the wheel, not the tire.. If you run wet/sandy conditions, Its a mod you have to do yourself.. Tape up the holes and vent the outside..

They tell you it needs to be a 4mm hole.. And they printed a scissor.. To do it with??

@Rich Duperbash @RC DUDE81

Where the tires vented on the outside on your trucks?

View attachment 88683
This illustration has been in the previous Arrma manuals I'm sure ? it's instructions on what to do if you wanted to vent them

I doubt that the EXB roller tyres will come pre-vented

View attachment 88683
Unfortunately the tires themselves don't come pre-vented from the factory, just the rims.. and you have to make your own just like always :)

Saw this couple days ago.. The way i understand it.. They have air holes drilled standard, in the wheel, not the tire.. If you run wet/sandy conditions, Its a mod you have to do yourself.. Tape up the holes and vent the outside..

They tell you it needs to be a 4mm hole.. And they printed a scissor.. To do it with??

@Rich Duperbash @RC DUDE81

Where the tires vented on the outside on your trucks?
The tires weren't pre vented from the factory. I vented mine before the first run as I do any tire. Not sure why they show using scissors though?It has to be a clean punch offset of the seam on top and bottom of the tire. A 3/16 sharpened metal or brass tube on a drill works the best or a round soldering tip to burn a clean hole. The Mojave had vented tires from the factory which was nice being a desert style basher.

The tires weren't pre vented from the factory. I vented mine before the first run as I do any tire. Not sure why they show using scissors though?It has to be a clean punch offset of the seam on top and bottom of the tire. A 3/16 sharpened metal or brass tube on a drill works the best or a round soldering tip to burn a clean hole. The Mojave had vented tires from the factory which was nice being a desert style basher.

The scissor option isnt a real option.. The sharpend brass tube method works like magic!! Perfect hole every time.. Never damaged a single foam either!

Yeah, I'd like to see the hack job someone does with a pair of scissors ?
Haha, I actually did it like that (looks terrible ?), I didn't even look in the manual at the time but I wanted to vent them and as I had nothing else this was the only option. Two days later I had a random thought, maybe a bullet connector from a XT90 will work, and it works great. Did my Backflip LPs with it..

The day arrma started venting tires factory would be the day I’d switch to losi, I’ll vent my own tires how and when I choose to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back