Senton Premature lvc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xxloganj23xx

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Just bought the Senton 3c. I will get maybe 5-6 passes at full throttle and go straight into lvc. My battery is two days old. Fully charged. Esc is on lipo mode. Then completely shuts off. Idk if it’s a bad battery. The charger. Need help.
Battery is 5200 50c 3 cell

first check that your ESC is actually set to lipo and not nimh (I believe to have seen this happened before)

then get a lipo checker and check the packs when this happens for any cell drift in addition if you got a charger that you can use mobile take it with you and when it happens connect the lipo and start charging it to get the cell resistance or if you have a Wayne Giles ESR meter use that ... depending on how many runs you have on that pack - its actually known to not run lipos out of the box at max utilisation from the get go, typically give them like 10 cycles, run them down to 50% before recharging them and allow them to develop before taking the crap out of them

Most likely options are either the batteries cannot hold the discharge rate that the car requires (what brand are they?), or you have some issue with the connectors (bad soldering or contact).

I have similar troubles with my truck not liking full throttle. It can handle it for the first few minutes of the run, but after a short while, if I go above 75% throttle, the truck cuts power. To get deep into the battery's capacity, I need to be very light on the throttle. I've been blaming the cold weather being too much for the 50C continuous rating of my battery.

Here’s my battery

Attachments

• FC791D91-EBCB-476D-913E-CB6C9B4C7473.jpeg
    FC791D91-EBCB-476D-913E-CB6C9B4C7473.jpeg
    478.8 KB · Views: 54
I would guess (from my experience in the senton 3s) that it's a problem with the connection, either from the esc or the battery connectors. Or it could be that you're running the batteries at max voltage too much from the get-go (as someone else here mentioned). If you have another compatible battery to test it with, that would narrow down what your problem would be here.

Update. Battery is fine. Bought a new charger. Fully charge the batteries. Will run for maybe 5 minutes and cut out. No throttle. Only steering. Right before power cuts out it sometimes chugs. Try’s to move then dies. Brought battery back in. All cells are at 3.95 at time it died

I bet you its the esc. I replaced all of mine with blx185. Some people have luck with the blx100 and most do not.

Its the ecu. Hobby shop is getting me a new one. Kinda sucks only had the car for 3/4 days and got maybe 20 min drive time out of it all together.

Yes that is what I have heard as well. ? fingers crossed. If not they are super cheap on Jenny's. I replaced mine with the blx185 because how cheap they are lol

Yes that is what I have heard as well. ? fingers crossed. If not they are super cheap on Jenny's. I replaced mine with the blx185 because how cheap they are lol
How long run time do you get on the 185. For me and with this problem the longest run time I got was 4-5 minutes before lvc kicked in. After that only about 2.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back