Pretty sure I got scammed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notoriousone

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Ok so I did something stupid, I saw a product for a great low price on a individual stores website.. I bought it over the website 8 days ago and have not received any emails or notifications from the business acknowledging my purchase. They have a phone number listed but when you call, you immediately get a “user busy” message on your screen, it doesn’t even give you the busy signal, just the message. If you send an email to the company you get no response, I have sent two in the past week. I tried to create a account on their site, but it won’t allow me to. I have no way of reaching them and am about to call my card company and dispute the charge. Any of you guys been in this position, how long did you wait before disputing the charge?

Yup been there I used PayPal tho to make the purchase and when I got no response and looked into the website I ordered from I discovered it was a scam site. Contacted PayPal right away waited 10 days got full refund I will only use paypal to purchase online now much easier
I have used a etransfer to purchase from a top seller on this forum shout out to @Kingpin And had no issues at all. Online purchases can be risky but if your careful and do some research before you decide you should be ok. Like I said tho PayPal for me has been solid and I feel the most comfortable using

Last edited:
Ok so I did something stupid, I saw a product for a great low price on a individual stores website.. I bought it over the website 8 days ago and have not received any emails or notifications from the business acknowledging my purchase. They have a phone number listed but when you call, you immediately get a “user busy” message on your screen, it doesn’t even give you the busy signal, just the message. If you send an email to the company you get no response, I have sent two in the past week. I tried to create a account on their site, but it won’t allow me to. I have no way of reaching them and am about to call my card company and dispute the charge. Any of you guys been in this position, how long did you wait before disputing the charge?

I'd dispute it right away from reading your post!. There's alot of reports starting to emerge of companies going under due to the Covid situation but their websites remain active & still taking orders!. Better safe than sorry & only use PayPal for ALL online purchases moving forward!. If you act quickly you shouldn't have an issue getting a refund from your card issuer! Best of luck!

Thanks for the replies. I just initiated the dispute now, shouldn’t have waited.. I’m only going to use PayPal for anything I buy online from now on

The bigger problem is that your card and other info is what they wanted. I'd replace that card asap.

Sorry that happened..been there. This is why I use nothing but a credit card online. Saved me many times I can let Bank of America fight the vendor and I get my money back as soon as I open the dispute...well it's their money but it protects my liquid account. I used the credit card like a debit card I pay the balance of weekly with the cash in my checking I would be using with debit. So I never carry a balance or pay interest. I like the protection of a credit card vs. a debit card.

Right, PayPal does give you some support in my years of using PayPal I may have been burned by them 1-2 times this was early PayPal when they first came out.

Good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back