Prevent Turnbuckles from Twisting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamator

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I have a Granite 4x4 Mega that I have pretty much converted to a BLX Model with replacement parts from Jenny's RC and other sites. I recently changed the turnbuckles to the BLX ones as my stock ones ball joints were becoming very stiff and replacing the ball joints was about as much as a whole set of the BLX Turnbuckles. (I also heard the adjustable ones were stronger.)

I left the sizing the way they came and put them on my Granite. The problem I keep coming across is after a run and after jumps, the turnbuckles get twisted out of alignment with either side. Is there a way to prevent this? It's almost making me want to go back to the stock Mega ones, as they of course could not twist.

Still being so new to all this, I didn't get the BLX Turnbuckles for the sake of adjusting my toe and camber. I'm fine with all that at default for now. I'd just like the Turnbuckles to not twist.

How are they twisting on there own? I don't think it's possible. Plus, they are pretty tight in the plastic rod end. There's no way they could be turning on their own. If your truck is out of alignment, there has to be another reason.

How are they twisting on there own? I don't think it's possible. Plus, they are pretty tight in the plastic rod end. There's no way they could be turning on their own. If your truck is out of alignment, there has to be another reason.
I might be using the wrong term. I I think camber links might be what they actually are. (I don't mean the ones that actually affect turning, I haven't had any issues with those, though my alignment is off, but that's due to the way my servo horn teeth match up to my servo unfortunately. I thought about adjusting my turnbuckles to compensate but read that having turnbuckles that aren't identical is bad.)

Is there a way to tighten these but keep them the length they are? I don't have calipers so it's hard for me to keep them all the same lengths.

Are you talking about these
18EEA5C2-DCC8-4613-819C-5857897305A8.jpeg

There's really no way for them to "twist" on their own. They must be pulling the threads out.
Thanks. Sorry to say I don’t follow what you mean. They twist very easy for me and I’m also able to stick a screwdriver in one end and twist it back to align with the other side.

Yes. Just not the ones between my wheels at the servo. The other 4. 2 on front wheels and 2 on the back. After a run they get twisted which what I mean is the that the hole on one end is no longer aligned with the one on the other end.

View attachment 167262
Check your wheel hub bearings maybe alot of vibration will make them do that and you could remove them take them apart and add loctite use the mega ones you have for length comparison

Take a marker pen/paint pen and put a dot on the center of the turnbuckle....then go bash and come back and see if the dots really moved or turned. Take a before and after pic and post it here...

They don't have to be perfectly lined up. They are made so they can pivot a little bit when the suspension moves. But other than that they can't actually twist on their own. If one rod end is 10 degrees off from the other, that's OK. Not gonna hurt anything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back