Granite Prices going way up according to LhS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainger40

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
Was at a hobby shop today and they said Monday his prices on Arrma 3s are all going up due to supplier(horizon) raising prices. Granite, Senton, brcc, going up $469 and vorteks going up $10-15. Man I hope he’s mistaken, but he’s been around for 50 years so I don’t think he’s bs’ing.

Edit: thanks @thrak76 for pointing out my mistake. Sorry folks, $469 was a typo, I meant to type $369. Don’t know how I missed that I hope I didn’t cause to much defibrillator usage😳

Last edited:
Was at a hobby shop today and they said Monday his prices on Arrma 3s are all going up due to supplier(horizon) raising prices. Granite, Senton, brcc, going up $469 and vorteks going up $10-15. Man I hope he’s mistaken, but he’s been around for 50 years so I don’t think he’s bs’ing.
Global shipping rates are going to hit every product eventually. Every company that operates globally is being hit by ridiculous increases in freight costs, so that's got to trickle down to the consumer eventually.

Another brand .....which I won't mention their name......+$@xx@$, raised the price of their flagship rig by $100 a few weeks ago. I guess it's bound to happen....

If that's true then there won't be much of a gap between the 3s and 6s lines.

I was looking at a brcc so he didn’t say and I didn’t ask if 6s going up also, but with the price tag of the new exb rtr’s I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

That will depend on the margins they have in each vehicle. The increases are finite but how they are applied to products can be variable. I sell Marble, Granite and quartz slabs for a living. We recently raised all of our prices by $1 per square foot across the board. On something that costs $7/sqft, the increase is much more significant than on something we charge $45/sqft. The margins on the higher priced materials were always greater, so it wasn't necessary to apply a 10% hike accross the board. Hope this helps as I'm not sure I've explained it correctly.

I was looking at a brcc so he didn’t say and I didn’t ask if 6s going up also, but with the price tag of the new exb rtr’s I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

I could see that ... I may have misinterpreted your post as an increase applying to only 3s vehicles with the 6s vehicles remaining at the same price point.

One of the owners of my local RC shop told me that prices for RTR vehicles by that other brand have recently gone up between $50 and $100 per vehicle, depending on the model. I'm sure it won't be long before Arrma raises prices too.

Prices still the same a horizon hobby today. Wonder when it will be rolled out to the consumer. I imagine a lhs buys them at wholesale prices.…..at least $100 less than retail.

Its crazy how I bought my rustler 2wd vxl+7600mah battery+free charger (nice LHS guy) a year ago for as much as just the rustler is selling for now.

For an example of shipping price from China. Our family business is making hot sauce and we buy big containers of empty glass jars from China. Before all this stuff happened it was $2,300 to ship. Now we just had to pay $18,000 to ship one. It's brutal.....

I’m pretty sure prices will move up higher on the 6s models so the gap will be there. Prices are up on everything. I paid 90$ for brisket for the smoker, worth every penny...

I think they are still a good deal. Here in New Zealand a 3s Arrma costs $730 (Vorteks same price as other 3s). A competitors 1/10 Monster Truck (The green or orange one ) is $1150. My cellphone is a high end Samsung that would cost $2k here to replace. It's a great phone. My 3 Arrmas are worth about the same. Good value even at $150 more IMO.

Here in New Zealand a box of 20 cigarettes costs $45. A dozen beers costs $20-$30. A bottle of Jim Beam bourbon costs $55. An ounce of weed can cost as much as $450 Average house prices are approaching $750,000

I buy my Arrnas using part pay where you pay with 10 weekly interest free installments. At around $70 a week that's great value considering I don't smoke cigarettes, drunk alcohol or buy weed 😉 and already own a house.

Last edited:
That's a lot of hot sauce. Do you have a web site where we can see your products.
For an example of shipping price from China. Our family business is making hot sauce and we buy big containers of empty glass jars from China. Before all this stuff happened it was $2,300 to ship. Now we just had to pay $18,000 to ship one. It's brutal.....

Where are you from? Just curious, down here hot sauce and spices are big business, many companies in the game that ship worldwide. 🦐🦀
Florida! South Florida to be specific. SauceCrafters.com of you want to check it out
That's a lot of hot sauce. Do you have a web site where we can see your products.
Yessir! SauceCrafters.com. Also available on Amazon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back