Granite Prices going way up according to LhS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was some pretty fair warning about this. . . Not from horizon but from internet chatter and LHS. The price of the Talion EXB I bought last Friday has jumped 75 CAD today at my LHS.
Now 975 CAD

Kraton 6S RTR $600
Felony/Infraction $700
Vorteks $400
etc etc

Vorteks only $30 more than the Granite actually makes sense now... when it was $60 it was pretty ridiculous.

Vorteks only $30 more than the Granite actually makes sense now... when it was $60 it was pretty ridiculous.
Yeah it took them a few days to get the prices structured and posted.

Just in support of all of the earlier posts regarding our interstate transport costs going sky-High, the cost of a single container from China to United States just crossed $20,000! July broke $15,000 record a 500% increase over last year. That would take a $500. Vehicle to $2500! Who knows what’s next…This is why Amazon opened their own delivery arm, they saw this coming, just not as fast. That’s why I say, buy whatever you can afford now & be prepared to wait for it…

Yes Arrma is a division of Horizon Hobby. Same company. Not sure I understand your point here.

Yes I worked retail. Far more than 6 years actually. Markup is very dependent on the industry and product and your examples are very different from RC. I'll admit I'm not familiar with the economics of the RC industry either though. My point was simply that Arrma/HH increased prices for their own profit, not for the profit of distributors.
I think I have heard that Hobbytown employees get a 40% discount.
I have noticed this with beef prices. Tbones and prime rib don’t look so much more expensive anymore.

The problem now is parts breakers are going to HAVE to raise their prices because they will be paying more for the rigs. Not looking forward to THAT.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back