Granite Prices going way up according to LhS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an Armorer, I’ve been active in the gun market since I apprenticed as a gunsmith during college to make some $$$ and have continued as a hobby. It is not uncommon to pay an additional 3-5% to use a credit card for gun purchases. It’s most often listed with a *discount* for cash. Now that Pay Pal has refused to transfer any money for gun purchases, wire transfer & credit card are some of the very few choices left. I hope we don’t see this craziness in the RC World…
Ton's of crypto options.

Arrma RC still shows $319 for the 3s trucks but not Horizon. Ebay has plenty of sellers with Bigrocks for $319.

If you want one better jump on it now.

Weird that the trucks didn't go up in price, maybe they have overstock on those and the BRCC and Typhon are hard to keep in stock. In any case, I'm sure the trucks will be up to $370 soon. It was always weird to me that the Typhon 6S was so much cheaper than the rest of the 6S, the new pricing makes sense.

Arrna cars are still great value ... dirt cheap you could say. Try financing a house. Average house price in my country is around 3/4 of a million dollars.

It's $1.4M in the SF bay area. US dollars. :( At least our Arrmas are cheap! :ROFLMAO:

I wonder how long it will take for Jenny’s prices to catch up

I wonder how long it will take for Jenny’s prices to catch up
That $50 or so is an increase in the retail cost, not the wholesale cost at which Jenny's most likely buys their vehicles. The increase in wholesale cost, wouldn't amount to a whole lot of increased cost per part, and you might not see much of a change in prices at all.

That $50 or so is an increase in the retail cost, not the wholesale cost at which Jenny's most likely buys their vehicles. The increase in wholesale cost, wouldn't amount to a whole lot of increased cost per part, and you might not see much of a change in prices at all.
Not sure I agree with you here. Arrma isn’t raising prices for the benefit of retailers. I imagine wholesale price will raise almost as much as retail price.

Not sure I agree with you here. Arrma isn’t raising prices for the benefit of retailers. I imagine wholesale price will raise almost as much as retail price.
It isn't Arrma raising prices, it's Horizon Hobby. Horizon owns Arrma as well as Axial, Losi, Vaterra, Pro-Line, Duratrax, Onyx, Dynamite, and a few others, so they can do pretty much as they please. In RC, Horizon's only real competition is Traxxas.

If you have never worked in retail you have no idea of what the markup is between wholesale and retail. I spend six years working in retail, and I can tell you the markup is on the order of 100% (or more) markup, depending on the item. Clothing and shoes are way more than 100%. A hard good item that lists for $500 may only cost the seller $250. So I would think that $50 price increase might only result in a $25 price increase to your LHS or a seller like Jenny's.

It isn't Arrma raising prices, it's Horizon Hobby. Horizon owns Arrma as well as Axial, Losi, Vaterra, Pro-Line, Duratrax, Onyx, Dynamite, and a few others, so they can do pretty much as they please. In RC, Horizon's only real competition is Traxxas.

If you have never worked in retail you have no idea of what the markup is between wholesale and retail. I spend six years working in retail, and I can tell you the markup is on the order of 100% (or more) markup, depending on the item. Clothing and shoes are way more than 100%. A hard good item that lists for $500 may only cost the seller $250. So I would think that $50 price increase might only result in a $25 price increase to your LHS or a seller like Jenny's.
Yes Arrma is a division of Horizon Hobby. Same company. Not sure I understand your point here.

Yes I worked retail. Far more than 6 years actually. Markup is very dependent on the industry and product and your examples are very different from RC. I'll admit I'm not familiar with the economics of the RC industry either though. My point was simply that Arrma/HH increased prices for their own profit, not for the profit of distributors.

Yes Arrma is a division of Horizon Hobby. Same company. Not sure I understand your point here.

Yes I worked retail. Far more than 6 years actually. Markup is very dependent on the industry and product and your examples are very different from RC. I'll admit I'm not familiar with the economics of the RC industry either though. My point was simply that Arrma/HH increased prices for their own profit, not for the profit of distributors.
I agree about Horizon lining their own pockets. Traxxas already raised their prices, but it doesn’t seem to have affected their sales at my mom and pop LHS, who sells both Armma and Traxxas.

I agree about Horizon lining their own pockets. Traxxas already raised their prices, but it doesn’t seem to have affected their sales at my mom and pop LHS, who sells both Armma and Traxxas.
I’m sure I’ll be tarred and feathered for this comment, but I recently bought my first traxxas and I am super impressed with it. Tough as hell.

I’m sure I’ll be tarred and feathered for this comment, but I recently bought my first traxxas and I am super impressed with it. Tough as hell.

Nothing wrong with that. If their prices weren't that much higher I would consider one too. If we are allowed to say here in Arrma land Out of curiosity which one did you get?

Nothing wrong with that. If their prices weren't that much higher I would consider one too. If we are allowed to say here in Arrma land Out of curiosity which one did you get?
Maxx 4S.

They call it 1:10 scale but I'd call it 1:9. It weighs as much as a 6S kraton but isn't quite as long or wide. Super thick plastic chassis. Huge aluminum shocks. Not super fast but fast enough.

It just won't break. Tons of bad landings and cartwheels and haven't broken a single part. I don't even wince anymore during a cartwheel :ROFLMAO:.

Outcast 6S EXB also went up $20 to $750. It's only been out like a week! :p

Prices up on RTRs @ Tower. Looks like all of ‘em at a glance.

Kraton 6S RTR $600
Felony/Infraction $700
Vorteks $400
etc etc

I'm all about supporting local hobby shops and not a fan of Amazon, but.... Amazon still hasn't raised/adjusted their prices yet. Just in case someone is currently looking and doesn't have a local shop to support.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back