Kraton Primal RC 56113 960kv, anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbobjr

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
8 poles.. Torque behemoth! I know with some of those rebranded HW ESC's you lose some tuning functionalities sometimes. That motor looks stout though!
I thought it was a rocket or Hobbystar but that motor seems to be unique being 8 pole. I like the inbetween 960kv and the non exposed bearing at the back end.

I thought it was a rocket or Hobbystar but that motor seems to be unique being 8 pole. I like the inbetween 960kv and the non exposed bearing at the back end.

Yeah it should be a powerhouse! HW makes 4 pole 8 magnet mills and they really don't have much if any cogging. 8 poles should be as smooth as a sensored set up! :unsure: Got me thinking for my own!

I’m still deciding between a Max5 or going for a Castle esc.

Me too! If I go for the castle I will go with their motor to take advantage of the sensored esc. This motor and the max5 comes in a lot cheaper and you don’t need a computer or phone to program it...

Me too! If I go for the castle I will go with their motor to take advantage of the sensored esc. This motor and the max5 comes in a lot cheaper and you don’t need a computer or phone to program it...

The options are either go with a max5 and save money, or spend a bit more and go with Castle and have the ability down the line to put in a sensored motor. It’s a tough call. I’ll probably come across a used max5 for a steal and go that route. I’m in no rush to upgrade right now either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back