Primal RC servo ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjscharlotte

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Typhon 6s
Hey guys,
I just switched the factory servo in my Kraton 8s to the Savox SW-0241MG. I'm happy with it so far but I just saw that one of the members on here installed the servo from the Primal RC Raminator. It looks like it fits with no modification and is only $50 compared to the $110 that I spent for the Savox. Are the specs correct for the Primal - it says 70kg of torque which is 2469oz:oops:. My Savox specs say this one has only 555oz - that seems like a helluva lot more torque plus they list the speed as .13 compared to mine at .17. Am I reading or interpreting this info wrong?

With the exception of changing to the bigger mount for 65mm wide servos I’d say no mods needed. I think that’s the one @Megasty uses. Maybe he can confirm...

Hey guys,
I just switched the factory servo in my Kraton 8s to the Savox SW-0241MG. I'm happy with it so far but I just saw that one of the members on here installed the servo from the Primal RC Raminator. It looks like it fits with no modification and is only $50 compared to the $110 that I spent for the Savox. Are the specs correct for the Primal - it says 70kg of torque which is 2469oz:oops:. My Savox specs say this one has only 555oz - that seems like a helluva lot more torque plus they list the speed as .13 compared to mine at .17. Am I reading or interpreting this info wrong?
I was making the same mistake. You aren't just converting kg to oz, you also have to factor in cm to inches. It works out to around 1000oz/inch. If you are happy with the Savox ,then you will ecstatic with the Primal RC servo. It is SO much better. I had the Savox and thought it sucked. Now I run the Primal RC servo. What a difference.

Just to confirm regarding the Primal RC servo. Is a mod or new mount needed for it or can it be directly used with the origional mount? Also are you guys running it on 6v or 7.4v? Thanks.

Just to confirm regarding the Primal RC servo. Is a mod or new mount needed for it or can it be directly used with the origional mount? Also are you guys running it on 6v or 7.4v? Thanks.
You need the optional 1/5 scale Arrma servo tray. Just order the stock tray. It comes with it. And I run it on 7.4.

You need the optional 1/5 scale Arrma servo tray. Just order the stock tray. It comes with it. And I run it on 7.4.

Oh right, have any of you guys waterproofed them seeing as the origional Spektrum ones are and these aren't?

Well finnaly got my 8s , 3 minutes into the first run the servo quit on me for absuguloooly no reason , I'm gunna get my freebie from horizon but I'll prolly put in the Hi-Tech , high torque servo,any suggestions !!
odd though not very powerful - especially compared to the primalrc one now it didnt give me any issues - unlike the SR6100AT where I am expecting the 3rd one since November ...

I found a savox 5 scale servo at the hobby shop , I need a receiver box to for this thing in ,,,,, anybody have one ? ????
Dang!!!! 5 scale servo? ? Thats gotta be the size of a house? ??‍♂️

congrats. unless you can find one local or on here for sale they are backordered

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back