Printing ABS and PETG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shifting you are seeing isn’t from wet filament or settings in the slicer. The machine it self is off. How tight it the drive belt on the gantry? Do you have a pic of the other parts that had shifts in them? If you are wanting to work with ABS you must have a setup like this for best results. The dryer is directly fed into the machine while also in the enclosure with desiccant packs in it for additional protection as well as in the dryer. Call me Paranoid with those extra steps go very far when it comes to the finish of the product

View attachment 181443
Belts are snug, wheels tight too, and bed is level. I’ve upgraded the extruder and bed springs. Unfortunately I don’t have another botched print. I guess my next step would be to invest in a dryer and enclosure. Do you have a link for the enclosure?

Authentic Creality Aluminum... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZMFP2L8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Creality Ender Enclosure Fireproof and Dustproof for Ender 3V2/ Ender 3 Pro/Ender 3 3D Printer 480600720mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0998XVMQ1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZE84BC3Q6560AX93JGBV this is actually a pretty good deal. It might be a couple dollars cheaper on Black Friday. It did the shift with pla before correct?
Yes, the PLA shifted. I read somewhere that it could of been the motherboard overheating. I wired the fan to stay on. Thanks for your advice! I enjoy the printer, but it seems I have a lot to learn. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There has been very few cases of the mother board being the issue. It has happened but that soon into a print wouldn’t be the board. What firmware are you running? The creality firmware has a lot of known issues.

There has been very few cases of the mother board being the issue. It has happened but that soon into a print wouldn’t be the board. What firmware are you running? The creality firmware has a lot of known issues.
That’s a good question 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ve had the printer a little less than a year and never messed with firmware. What firmware should I be using?

Last edited:
That is the exact dryer I use when you get things rolling I can send you my file to mount it to the top of your machine so it can direct feed from inside the enclosure

I use my dehydrator for only for jerky tbh
My printers and spools are all basement, maybe that's why i don't need to dry anything.
Here in Michigan humidity is always high enough but thankfully with winter approaching the furnace will do a good job maintaining it.

Here in Michigan humidity is always high enough but thankfully with winter approaching the furnace will do a good job maintaining it.
I put the abs in there for 6hrs 55c. I’ll turn it back on in the morning and try to print something after updating the firmware.

4A05FD1D-8718-4387-B2F4-EA98D16244AC.jpeg

I put the abs in there for 6hrs 55c. I’ll turn it back on in the morning and try to print something after updating the firmware.

View attachment 181783
Nope… set it to 24 hrs and leave it on. Over night will have to be dried all over again

Nope… set it to 24 hrs and leave it on. Over night will have to be dried all over again
I wish I would of seen this message last night. I turned it off before going to bed, didn't know how safe it would be to leave it unattended all night. 🤷‍♂️It's back on now. I just updated firmware and display. (y) Thanks Chris

I use my dehydrator for only for jerky tbh
My printers and spools are all basement, maybe that's why i don't need to dry anything.
Basements here are usually more humid 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Basements here are usually more humid 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣
I agree, I also live in a very humid county (80% average)

An explanation could be that
- The floor on top of the basement is completely covered with floor heating
- Many ventilation ducts
- Several server racks running 24/7

I agree, I also live in a very humid county (80% average)

An explanation could be that
- The floor on top of the basement is completely covered with floor heating
- Many ventilation ducts
- Several server racks running 24/7
You have a basement NOC? 🤣

I have my small wall rack in the garage.

You have a basement NOC? 🤣

I have my small wall rack in the garage.
My 'wing' used to be the office of my brother's IT company. When he moved his office to the city, I converted it to my living space/home office a few years back.
It has a 110m^2 (~1200 sqr ft) basement of which my brother still rents ~1/3 as storage / 'NOC'. Obviously 90% already moved to the cloud.

I could easily start a crypto farm in there, but somehow it ended up as a RC / 3D print workshop ;)

Still not printing ABS well!🤬 This was the beginning of a set of air dams for the Infraction. Maybe I’m not hot enough. 230c 🤷🏻‍♂️

A3E4E5E1-FC84-43BF-A855-3BF27A91A0F6.jpeg

1528CD64-954B-492E-9A76-5BE8B6218E9C.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back