Printing tiny items?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Mojave
  4. Raider
  5. Voltage
I am trying to print a dust cover for an RC wheel, and it is tiny. Only 6mm wide and 2mm tall. I have an Ender 3 Pro and every time I try to make something that small it turns out really bad. I even tried using a 0.2 nozzle and ultra fine setting and it still was no good.

Is it even possible to 3D print such small objects?

Wow, that's tiny! Curious to hear the answer to this one, but it seems like it would be difficult.

I knew a guy that put on a .1 or .15 nozzle and tuned for a while and could make a benchy about that size. (Prusa MK3S) It was so small that you really couldn't see it print he said. It just moved around such a small area. If you had an extra printer to tune for such a small size that might be an option. You might see if you can trade out prints with someone with a resin printer since they seem to do small better than FDM.
Hurricane

Thanks guys. Well, I got fed up and just changed back to a .4 nozzle so I could do normal printing. Then I decided to try and tweak the slicer and give it an other shot, and surprisingly it turned out okay. Here it is on a wheel.

Dust Cap.jpg

That small the detail is not gonna be great as the line will only be as narrow as the nozzle you are using. For stuff like that I run on one of my resin printers with abs like resin. Non the less I print things that on everything but my ender 5 plus. If you are using pla run it slow with full part fan a few degrees lower than the maximum for that particular roll of filament you are using. Try a layer height of 1.2 and if you are using cura turn on filter out tiny gaps and set set fill all gaps to non.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back