Big Rock Pro-line powerstroke PRO6359-00 and PRO6359-01 shocks with the big rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragga

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Hello fam,

Anybody using the Pro-line powerstroke PRO6359-00 and PRO6359-01 shocks for the big rock? How do you like them and what oil weight can you suggest? I drive mostly on bumpy grass fields, dirt, and street. I don’t do the crazy jumps.

Thanks fam

I run them on both my Big Rocks and really like them. I run 60wt in front and 50wt in back. But like Tex said above they are expensive and most prefer to use the 6s line shocks instead.

I use the proline shocks on the bigrock, Like others have said there are cheaper options, but mine have been great and they look great. Just tighten the bottom shock cap, as one of mine did come loose and pissed out oil, but hasn’t happened since.

I have Pro-Line Powerstroke shocks on my Typhon 3s. At the time I got them I wasn't aware of Jenny's or places like that to get 6s shocks, so these were one of the few good options available. Pic below is of my Typhon with Duratrax Banditos for running on pavement - I have Duratrax Lockups for off-road running.

Typhon 3S with Bandito tires.jpg

Honestly, they look great, but way over priced for shocks, especially for the Big Rock.

Read here for some more in-depth info on shocks >
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...d-blx-4s-shock-information-and-upgrades.7413/

Look into getting some 6S Mojave or Kraton shocks like the article suggests. Make sure you get the correct sizes..
Yes I agree, overpriced. Thanks for the info. Do you have a big rock and if so what oil weight are you running? Thanks for the info! 👊🏼

The Proline shocks are too expensive when you can get 6s Arrma shocks for less at Jenny's RC. As a durability upgrade, the Proline shocks have 3.5mm thick shafts, which are thicker than stock 3mm shafts. But 6s Arrma shocks are even thicker at 4mm. As a performance upgrade, the Proline shocks are 14mm bore. But 6s Arrma shocks are 16mm bore which will provide better dampening.

I run them on both my Big Rocks and really like them. I run 60wt in front and 50wt in back. But like Tex said above they are expensive and most prefer to use the 6s line shocks instead.
Cool thanks for the info!
I have Pro-Line Powerstroke shocks on my Typhon 3s. At the time I got them I wasn't aware of Jenny's or places like that to get 6s shocks, so these were one of the few good options available. Pic below is of my Typhon with Duratrax Banditos for running on pavement - I have Duratrax Lockups for off-road running.

View attachment 208318
Thanks for the info. Wow that looks so good!!! How are the duratrax for off road?
The Proline shocks are too expensive when you can get 6s Arrma shocks for less at Jenny's RC. As a durability upgrade, the Proline shocks have 3.5mm thick shafts, which are thicker than stock 3mm shafts. But 6s Arrma shocks are even thicker at 4mm. As a performance upgrade, the Proline shocks are 14mm bore. But 6s Arrma shocks are 16mm bore which will provide better dampening.
Ok cool. Thank you!!
I use the proline shocks on the bigrock, Like others have said there are cheaper options, but mine have been great and they look great. Just tighten the bottom shock cap, as one of mine did come loose and pissed out oil, but hasn’t happened since.
Ok thanks!

Last edited:
Do they sell parts for the Proline shocks yet? Last I checked all you could get was the springs and the plastic parts, the bodies, caps and shafts were not available.

Do they sell parts for the Proline shocks yet? Last I checked all you could get was the springs and the plastic parts, the bodies, caps and shafts were not available.
I don't believe they do but I haven't needed anything beside the lower eyelets.

I don't believe they do but I haven't needed anything beside the lower eyelets.
I still find it a bit worrisome to not have shafts available considering how easy it is to bend them. This is yet another reason I avoid the cheapo ebay, Amazon, Banggood whatever shocks.

I've had proline shockes on my granite for a year now 50wt oil front and rear jump all the time no problem

How high? This guy bent his. I jump higher, they wouldn't survive my jumps.
(P.S. He posted a video with the click bait title "Best shocks for the Typhon 3s!" even though they bent after one session. He doesn't mention it, he just wants views. One of the comments calls out the bent shaft. Plus, he filled the shocks incorrectly so they end up bouncing more on landings than stock. Poor durability and newbie shock rebuild resulting in worse performance. Yet he claims to know what the "Best shocks for the Typhon 3s" are.)

Last edited:
I've had proline shockes on my granite for a year now 50wt oil front and rear jump all the time no problem
Ok good to know. I’m using 700 cst so that’s maybe 50-55 weight. The bottom still slaps on the ground when dropped from a foot off the ground. Does yours?
Does yours bottom out? I’m using 700cst. 50-55 weight and the bottom slaps when dropping from a foot off the ground.

Ok good to know. I’m using 700 cst so that’s maybe 50-55 weight. The bottom still slaps on the ground when dropped from a foot off the ground. Does yours?

Does yours bottom out? I’m using 700cst. 50-55 weight and the bottom slaps when dropping from a foot off the ground.
How far do you have the spring adjusted down? I bottom out when jumping high but I don't want so heavy weight that it rides like crap everywhere else. Make sure you are feeling them correctly and getting out the air also. There is a video made by pro-line on YouTube that shows the correct way.

How far do you have the spring adjusted down? I bottom out when jumping high but I don't want so heavy weight that it rides like crap everywhere else. Make sure you are feeling them correctly and getting out the air also. There is a video made by pro-line on YouTube that shows the correct way.
Yes I have seen that video. I think I watched all how to’s on filling shock oil haha. I have them adjusted maybe a quarter of the way down. Sometimes half.

How high? This guy bent his. I jump higher, they wouldn't survive my jumps.
(P.S. I think it's totally irresponsible that he posted a video with the click bait title "Best shocks for the Typhon 3s!" They bent after one session. He doesn't mention it, he just wants views and doesn't care about wasting people's time and money. One viewer called out the bent shaft in the comments.)
I have a homemade 3ft wide by 4ft long ramp with 45-degree incline and I'm 1/2 to 3/4 throttle when she flies and its in the back yard not on pavement or gravel my yard is a little sandy as well maybe that helps with the landings

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back