Pro-line PowerStroke Shocks - A tough pill to swallow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bburt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Vorteks
So I bought the Pro-line Powerstroke shocks for my Senton about 4 months ago. They have been working fantastic for both bashing and racing at my local clay track. However, I lost one of the lower caps the last time I was getting in some practice runs (photo attached). I looked to see what spare/replacement parts Proline sold for the shocks. There were several things, but no lower caps. I contacted Pro-line and they said the lower cap is only available for purchase with the entire shock assembly. $140 investment (front/rear shocks) gone over one little cap.

Man, I'm disappointed. It just doesn’t seem like the way for Pro-line to go in terms of backing their products. It seems like something they would want to make an accommodation for, especially given the nature of the hobby.

PRO635901_A0_DEVVINY9.jpg

So I bought the Pro-line Powerstroke shocks for my Senton about 4 months ago. They have been working fantastic for both bashing and racing at my local clay track. However, I lost one of the lower caps the last time I was getting in some practice runs (photo attached). I looked to see what spare/replacement parts Proline sold for the shocks. There were several things, but no lower caps. I contacted Pro-line and they said the lower cap is only available for purchase with the entire shock assembly. $140 investment (front/rear shocks) gone over one little cap.

Man, I'm disappointed. It just doesn’t seem like the way for Pro-line to go in terms of backing their products. It seems like something they would want to make an accommodation for, especially given the nature of the hobby.

View attachment 288732

THAT is extremely Lame!
What a terrible way to show Customer Care... Over a $0.25 plastic part..

What's the diameter of the Body And the little endcap area?

Can probably design and 3D print an endcap for it as a 'temporary' fix til you find a solid replacement..

Greetings Burt,

In the pre-Horizon Hobbies days, this would have been no problem for Proline. I had nothing but excellent service with them and they had a guy in customer service, Jay, who was pretty much the textbook definition of good customer service.

I have a set of these same shocks and others, and will look to see if there is any compatibility for this part on other shocks. Might get luck and find an ebay part that will work.

s

THAT is extremely Lame!
What a terrible way to show Customer Care... Over a $0.25 plastic part..

What's the diameter of the Body And the little endcap area?

Can probably design and 3D print an endcap for it as a 'temporary' fix til you find a solid replacement..
Beat me to it. Think the small threads are printable? I suppose it only has to be close.

Greetings Burt,

In the pre-Horizon Hobbies days, this would have been no problem for Proline. I had nothing but excellent service with them and they had a guy in customer service, Jay, who was pretty much the textbook definition of good customer service.

I have a set of these same shocks and others, and will look to see if there is any compatibility for this part on other shocks. Might get luck and find an ebay part that will work.

s
That's a negative ghost rider, they never sold or gave away spare parts for their shocks.

Probably not a unique thread size/shaft bore so you can find a separate cap from another supplier to integrate.

Unless the lower shock end and rod was severely broken, the component is constrained from exiting so you must have misplaced it.

Anyway, a quick ebay search says you only need to invest less than $70 for 2 replacements or backup components 👍🏼
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2551698874...8NIJKX-TNq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I must have had some good luck with them. Unfortunate that's in the past.
Yup rather unfortunate that for the price they charge for their shocks that you can't even get replacement parts for them. This is one of the reasons I tell people not to get the Proline shocks. If I'm going to be spending $160 on shocks I best be able to buy every darn part for them.

Yup rather unfortunate that for the price they charge for their shocks that you can't even get replacement parts for them. This is one of the reasons I tell people not to get the Proline shocks. If I'm going to be spending $160 on shocks I best be able to buy every darn part for them.
I agree completely, and it is vexing indeed. I've been getting Tekno shocks off of Jenny's for a fraction of the price and they have been great, and you can get parts from Tekno.

s

I agree completely, and it is vexing indeed. I've been getting Tekno shocks off of Jenny's for a fraction of the price and they have been great, and you can get parts from Tekno.

s
Intriguing. What cars are you putting them on?

Intriguing. What cars are you putting them on?
The Tekno SCT410 shocks are similar in size to the Arrma 4s V1 shocks, they can be made to work on the 3s models, they cost like $115 on eBay. As @Steve B in Vegas mentioned you can get replace parts for them and they also make upgraded caps, TiNi coated shock shafts, machined Delrin pistons and machined retainers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back