Pro-Line Racing belted trencher HP 2.8" tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JvG

AliExpress Diamond Member 💎
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 6s
For all the truggyfied Typhons!

proline_trenchers.jpg

The teases over at Pro-Line Racing have been driving us nuts as we have been waiting for details on their latest Trenchers! Most of the Big Squid RC Crew have run and loved Trenchers, they are a serious tire for the serious basher, and for years (literally) we have begged them for a belted version. It looks like our wishes are finally being granted!

Their latest is the Pro-Line Trencher HP 2.8″ All Terrain BELTED Truck Tires and they are even mounted! Talk about checking all the boxes! We love pre-mounted stuff, we want tires that don’t balloon under crazy power, and it sounds like these are them!

These are going to be perfect for those 1/10th scale trucks that everyone has hopped up to be way over powered, and in need of some taming. We are talking Traxxas Stampedes, Rustlers, Jato’s.

They are not available yet at the time of this post, but are coming soon! Check the Pro-Line Racing Trencher Link because it should be any day now! We can not wait to get our hands on these!

Price: $50 for a pair
Part Number: 10168-10

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/new-pro-line-racing-belted-trencher-hp-2-8-tires/

This is great news. Now I just need them in 3.8"s so I can run belted tires on my Outcast and Talion. Popping tires off their beads has been my number one problem when bashing with gearing above 70mph recently, and it's getting frustrating trying to keep everything glued up tight for more than a pack.

Seems odd to start the release with 2.8 12mmhex tires. Most trucks that can run these don't really need belted tires. Give is some 3.8MT tires on 17mm hex! ?
Maybe they are using them to test the compound and to iron out any kinks before they release the 3.8s?

$100 for tires. That's rough. I'll stick with Backflips and Copperhead 2's. Then again, my style of bashing doesn't call for all out speed and those two model of tires don't balloon all that terribly when I am rotation in the air.

$100 for tires. That's rough. I'll stick with Backflips and Copperhead 2's. Then again, my style of bashing doesn't call for all out speed and those two model of tires don't balloon all that terribly when I am rotation in the air.
That long driveway would be a nice runway for a speed demon ??‍♂️

Apparently they are redoing most of their tire lineup, hence why half of their tires are discontinued.
Like the 3.8 trenchers. They have been discontinued for a while.

Hoping the "belting" doesn't add a lot of weight as the trencher 3.8's are heavy already. Can't run them on my ERBEv1, they just rip things apart.

Like the 3.8 trenchers. They have been discontinued for a while.

Hoping the "belting" doesn't add a lot of weight as the trencher 3.8's are heavy already. Can't run them on my ERBEv1, they just rip things apart.
Well, everything will rip a erbe1 apart, i've had one....with the worst combination: Big Joe's and 6s. The diffs didn't last for 15 minutes :banghead:
Seems odd to start the release with 2.8 12mmhex tires. Most trucks that can run these don't really need belted tires. Give is some 3.8MT tires on 17mm hex! ?
Looking at the screws they have the removable hexes so 17mm is available.

Last edited:
Well, everything will rip a erbe1 apart, i've had one....with the worst combination: Big Joe's and 6s. The diffs didn't last for 15 minutes :banghead:
I run 4S in it and didn't have too many issues until I put the trenchers on it. 6S isn't really an option on that truck with the plastic slider axles and 1/10th diffs. Silly that they even marketed it as a 6S truck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back