Pro-Line racing is now own by HorizonHobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
bucket.jpeg

Rip traxxas
If 2020 could not get any crazier i have mix feelings about this i hope they keep the manufacturing in the united states but this is not good for traxxas because proline made specific stuff for traxxas we might now see them make stuff specifictly for horizonhobby brands
Who cares about Traxxas? Come on....
PL actually snooted Arrma guys IMHO. Limited Arrma stuff and all. Slow to respond to Arrma owners and all. So obvious. Even a PL insider I speak with regularly said this to me last year.
PL was mismanaged and got bad over the years. Pricing on their poor QC outsourced stuff was just horrible.
PL needed a Big player like HH to bail them out. PL was going south real fast. Obvious to me at least. I'm not surprised at all. :cool:
That explains their MT roller and variants going gone.... Very smart business move for HH. (y) (y) (y) (y)

Edit: BTW, even most of PL employees had no idea of the impending buy out.
They would be foolish to lose that much money if they didn't make parts for Crapxxas anymore.
I guarantee PL will still make Traxxas stuff. Bread and butter money is there. But it will now be on HH business terms.
The exclusive good old boys network between Trx and PL is no more. Now they have to invite HH to play golf with them :LOL:

Last edited:
Who cares about Traxxas? Come on....
PL actually snooted Arrma guys IMHO. Limited Arrma stuff and all. Slow to respond to Arrma owners and all. So obvious. Even a PL insider I speak with regularly said this to me last year.
PL was mismanaged and got bad over the years. Pricing on their poor QC outsourced stuff was just horrible.
PL needed a Big player like HH to bail them out. PL was going south real fast. Obvious to me at least. I'm not surprised at all. :cool:
That explains their MT roller and variants going gone.... Very smart business move for HH. (y) (y) (y) (y)

Edit: BTW, even most of PL employees had no idea of the impending buy out.

I guarantee PL will still make Traxxas stuff. Bread and butter money is there. But it will now be on HH business terms.
The exclusive good old boys network between Trx and PL is no more. Now they have to invite HH to play golf with them :LOL:

Having the monopoly on everything isn't always the best either. I've seen it too many times in business myself. The American way. The problem is they become too large and CS goes right out the window because, well, they don't have to care if they own everything.

Eventually one or two companies own it all. That's when you'll start to see brand new, mom-n-pop start up companies open up for business. Those are the ones that will need the support and in return will support you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back