Pro Line Trenchers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorhead419

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Just put Pro Line Trenchers on and first run one of them came unglued...they balloon worst than the stock ones...

Attachments

• 20170215_152227_HDR.jpg
    20170215_152227_HDR.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 94
If I may ask, other than an increased risk of shredding, what's the big problem with ballooning? Total noob question, but curious ;)
I'm getting ready to run my SMC 7200mah 90c lipos and that's just too much ballooning for my taste..

If I may ask, other than an increased risk of shredding, what's the big problem with ballooning? Total noob question, but curious ;)

I'm a noob too, but like the man said..... 70MPH on dinner plates....The handling suffers terribly. And at some point the rubber will reach it's breaking point and the tire will tear apart. On the other side of this, and there are limits to this, but ballooning tires make it go faster. Larger circumference = longer footprint for one rotation = travel further for 1 rotation of the wheel. When I first put on the Terrain Crushers I was disappointed at the speed loss, but WOW with the handling. Ballooning tires will also help the car flip, while airborne. The gyroscopic force of the tires is what flips it,. There is more gyro force created with a set of ballooning stocks that there is on a set of Terra crushers.

I'm a noob too, but like the man said..... 70MPH on dinner plates....The handling suffers terribly. And at some point the rubber will reach it's breaking point and the tire will tear apart. On the other side of this, and there are limits to this, but ballooning tires make it go faster. Larger circumference = longer footprint for one rotation = travel further for 1 rotation of the wheel. When I first put on the Terrain Crushers I was disappointed at the speed loss, but WOW with the handling. Ballooning tires will also help the car flip, while airborne. The gyroscopic force of the tires is what flips it,. There is more gyro force created with a set of ballooning stocks that there is on a set of Terra crushers.
They balloon just like a Top Fuel..and it's like having overdrive..

LOL. about 2 years ago I had just replaced the stock motor and ESC in a 1/10 DHK Wolf (before I knew DHK was not worth putting money into). And it was fast....way faster than I expected. But I wore or the stock buggy tires real quick. I ordered some cheap wheel tire combo, on Amazon, that I thought would fit. They fit fine, but were roughly 1 inch larger diameter. WOW, that car got fast, just with the bigger tires, I gained at least 10 MPH

After driving them more I can definitely see what you mean by handling. Does this affect the turning circle as well? I noticed at speed it has the turning circle of a full sized truck. The stock tires had a shorter turn but then again weren't too grippy

Well anything is going to have a larger turning radius at speed. This includes, your normal car, a bike, horse, dog, human....everything. Not trying to be a D!ck, just saying. And then add on to the fact that we are now doing 70MPH on "dinner plates" and it gets worse.

Also, if you recently added thicker fluid to the front differential, your turning radius will be bigger than it was.

Well anything is going to have a larger turning radius at speed.

I understand what you mean, maybe I just asked the wrong question ;)

In this case I am comparing the turning circle of this car with trencher x's to the one made at the same speed but with the original tyres. the latter gave me a much smaller circle. Maybe I wasn't too clear about this :)

I'm quite new to the power and handling of these brushless vehicles. Still need to get the hang of the throttle control and everything. The reason I ask these things is also to give me clues on what to improve in both my driving and the car's potential.

Thanks for taking the time answering :)

I think ballooning is a preference and driving style based thing. Some ppl like it, some don't. No one would recommend - really any of the ProLine 40 series tires for speed runs - they are -great- offroad & bashing tires though. The X's have wicked traction - I have more diff issues when I run them than other tires I have o_O. Turning radius difference is partly due to the offset of the wheel vs stock wheel - not really the tires fault. Add to that the increased traction (vs stock) you end up with the rear hooking up more and taking weight off the front end further impacting the turn. I like the stock v1 tires for some stuff - just enough traction but just not enough to where you can get a nice power slide going (on asphalt) :)

I think ballooning is a preference and driving style based thing. Some ppl like it, some don't. No one would recommend - really any of the ProLine 40 series tires for speed runs - they are -great- offroad & bashing tires though. The X's have wicked traction - I have more diff issues when I run them than other tires I have o_O. Turning radius difference is partly due to the offset of the wheel vs stock wheel - not really the tires fault. Add to that the increased traction (vs stock) you end up with the rear hooking up more and taking weight off the front end further impacting the turn. I like the stock v1 tires for some stuff - just enough traction but just not enough to where you can get a nice power slide going (on asphalt) :)

Man, thanks for this answer. This was exactly all the info I was looking for :))))

It's throws the handling of the car right off. Imagine going 70kmph+ on dinner plates lmfao

Well, guys, we've been challenged. First one to mod dinner plates for 17mm hex and post pics mounted to their Arrma gets one official LOL from my sons and I!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back