Probably already know the answer, buuuut…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SenorWickedStix

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
I ordered a new center diff to have an extra which showed up today. I had a thought since the diff housings for all three are the same and after cross referencing all the numbers the internals are the same to just swap the rear diff main gear with the new center spur. Then I could get this thing going sooner. Lol

My question is how crazy would the 100k oil for the center be if I leave it?

Lol mainly asking cuz I feel lazy about switching the oil. I will if it’s too crazy. Lol

74577496-4B36-4E51-87DE-767E01AD1A9D.jpeg

You have to take the gear off anyway to swap it so why not leave it for half an hour upside down to drain and refill anyway?

I can't comment on 100k, but I put 50k in the back of my OC thinking heavier lock = big skids but I found it just pushed on in corners. Switched down to 20k and it just drives a whole load nicer (50k up front, ear plug in the centre)

I would not want to run 100K in the rear. Besides, going lighter isn’t as much effort as you might think it is - just get as much out as and throw in 10K. You might wind with ~12-13K after it all mixes which isn’t a big deal.

You have to take the gear off anyway to swap it so why not leave it for half an hour upside down to drain and refill anyway?

I can't comment on 100k, but I put 50k in the back of my OC thinking heavier lock = big skids but I found it just pushed on in corners. Switched down to 20k and it just drives a whole load nicer (50k up front, ear plug in the centre)
Lol. Fair enough. I still haven’t driven the car yet with a rear diff in it so I’m super excited to actually get it going. I’ll just empty it and throw the 10k in and like @Engineer said, maby end up with some 12-13k. Lol.
Thanks for the reply guys. 😁
Well, I took the center diff apart and there’s honestly not much oil in it.
🤷‍♂️
took the spiders out and set the housing upside down. I’ll let them sit for a while and throw the 10k in and reassemble.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back