Probably Pushed This Battery A Little Too Far

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoc85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Outcast 6s
She was on her last legs.
A couple of speed run hits with LVC disabled exposed her.

AF00DE3D-8813-4A1D-8FC7-CB866B31B1B9.jpeg

1AB56EDF-76FA-45B6-AFE6-15227B60EF30.jpeg

08A3B516-CE76-407F-9735-B1A902D40E1C.jpeg

1FF50B2C-45E8-43FD-A710-6022D00AEC8E.jpeg

Lol, wow.

You probably already know this, but for anyone else who finds themselves in this situation...

Put that battery, leads down, in a glass bowl or jar of heavily salted water. That will slowly and safely discharge the pack to 0 V so you can throw it in the normal trash. Should take <24 hours in the soak.

Lol, wow.

You probably already know this, but for anyone else who finds themselves in this situation...

Put that battery, leads down, in a glass bowl or jar of heavily salted water. That will slowly and safely discharge the pack to 0 V so you can throw it in the normal trash. Should take <24 hours in the soak.
I’ll drain it with this LED.

AF6E91FB-AF9C-444B-A473-DFF73FE765A8.jpeg

So it puffed a little, just balance charge it and it should be good! Wrap it in duct tape and run it!.... Or maybe not
No that's wrong. You first have to poke a hole in it with a screwdriver to let the puff out. Then put it on a rapid charge. You may have to poke it again while charging. Trust me this is the best way.

Disclaimer; this method has not been scientifically tested.

No that's wrong. You first have to poke a hole in it with a screwdriver to let the puff out. Then put it on a rapid charge. You may have to poke it again while charging. Trust me this is the best way.

Disclaimer; this method has not been scientifically tested.

No no no THATS wrong. since it's puffed it has room to hold extra charge. Just set it to 6 V per cell and rapid charge. It'll be good for an extra 5 MPH.

I know it's weird, but this will only work if you video tape it and upload the video to this forum.

No no no THATS wrong. since it's puffed it has room to hold extra charge. Just set it to 6 V per cell and rapid charge. It'll be good for an extra 5 MPH.

I know it's weird, but this will only work if you video tape it and upload the video to this forum.
Your half way to being correct. More puff does equal more capacity. But 6v per cell is redundant once puffed. 8 volts is required to charge the extra puff. Its called the puff factor.

JK btw if anyone is taking this serious

Im so glad 98.765% of you realized I was joking... I'm not a fire Marshall but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

Since my house burnt down from charging a puffed up lipo at 8v
Just kidding I can't afford lipos I'm just a plumber

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back