Limitless Probably stupid questions. Starting a build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
Got my roller on sale for 420 CAD. Got a futaba rx to bind to.

Considering a 150A hobbywing and a 2050kv infraction motor.

Does it come with a spool?

Should I get an infraction diff?

Recommend a steering servo, please?

Planning on running 6S. Maybe 4S bashing. Yes I want to go fast but not a dedicated speed runner?

Would love to get 100 mph one time.

Would a 1650kv and taller gearing be better?

Even lower kv?
Budget maybe 400-500 CAD for electronics. 100 gone on rx.

Holy crap. My buddy has an XL2 and I really want to put an 8S ESC in this thing but it looks like a major pain in the ass!

Reversed motor to fit ESC on motor side and I dunno if I can stack two hard case 3S batteries under the body.

Looks a little daunting.

I got a hobbywing 150A because I love how many more programming options there are over the spektrum stuff and price. Definitely want to upgrade that eventually. Got a 2050 infraction motor/heatsink/fan. Dunno if the limitless comes with a centre diff or not but gonna try that first before I try a spool and stupid tall gearing. 25kg digital servo out of a team corally. 314sb-e futaba rx to bind with my 4PLS.

Wanna try and turn and burn a bit before we try and get stupid.
I just bought a Limitless and am building it out as well. It came with a spool and a pinion.

I decided on the castle combo linked below priced at $390 USD, which I believe is converts to your max $500 CAD .

Monster X 8S ESC and a 1717 1650kv motor.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle...w-1717-sensored-motor-cse010-0165-02/p1224507
Lemme know how please with pictures how that ESC fits

Lemme know how please with pictures how that ESC fits
I am going with the X 8S, not the XLX2. I thought about the XLX2, but didn't want to do the modifications needed to get it to fit. Raz Shifrin has a YouTube build series on how to get the XLX2 to fit. It doesn't require reversing the motor mount if you go with a castle 1717 motor. It only requires some modification to the receiverbox/ESC tray combo, and the battery holder on that side of the rig. Here's the link to his series:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4IcFmU47-_yEleVtB0_8nFAcpqcoWFDx

What a great tutorial video!! This is awesome. Thanks so much. The XL2 is bigger again than the xlx2. MMX8S looks dope and doable. XL2 has like these protruding cap packs and is longer than XLX2. Looks no bueno.

Gonna stick with this 150A for now. I guess it's like a max8 I dunno prolly fiddlestick it up big time but it was only a hundo.

I was looking at infraction stuff and figuring 150A would get me started but realizing now that the spool and stuff is a waaay taller gear ratio than those on road basher types.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back