Outcast Problem with brand new exb outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefy nugz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys my outcast is a v2 (old). Esc and motor still run strong though.

So my buddy bought a brand new exb rtr outcast 6s. Nice machine, but about 5-6 uses and there’s no throttle or steering. Esc just flashes red. Does it need to be reset somehow or should I send the esc off to arrma?

Had to send an esc to arrma way back when for my typoon v1. Process was fairly quick and easy. Hoping that’s not the case here but either way, I told my buddy I’d take care of it for him.

Anyways, let me know your opinions.
Thanks!

And IF it's the servo that failed, don't bother getting another same Spektrum servo through Warranty. Just get a better upgrade servo. Wallet permitting, there are tons out there. I just use a simple AMZ DS3235sg 35 kg servo. Great in all 8 of my Arrma 6s Rigs. Cheap to replace if it breaks, and I feel all servos are consumable items, when it comes to bashing hard.
Run it on 7.4v BEC, settable at the ESC.
But whatever your servo choice, make sure its is at least a 35 kg servo. The stockers are kind of weak.

And IF it's the servo that failed, don't bother getting another same Spektrum servo through Warranty. Just get a better upgrade servo. Wallet permitting, there are tons out there. I just use a simple AMZ DS3235sg 35 kg servo. Great in all 8 of my Arrma 6s Rigs. Cheap to replace if it breaks, and I feel all servos are consumable items, when it comes to bashing hard.
Run it on 7.4v BEC, settable at the ESC.
But whatever your servo choice, make sure its is at least a 35 kg servo. The stockers are kind of weak.
I’m in a similar position. Just heard from HH and they are sending a third warranty replacement servo. :cautious: Does replacing with non-Spektrum part void the warranty on other parts? Seems I read something to this effect in the warranty.

Thanks for every buddy’s advise. And I do believe “engineer” hit the nail on the head. I unplugged the servo and still no throttle. So I re-bound the transmitter and we got steering!!!! Then quickly realized I had to recalibrate the transmitter as well and now we have throttle as well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back