Kraton Problem with front diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdanKraton

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
hello i have problem with my front diff, i checked the differential itself and it seems fine..can anyone help me ,what can cause the problem?

Front diff input and crown gear seem to be taken out.. But it could be further back down the line as well.. a melted down center diff will act the same sometimes, as well as a loose input cup at the front diff..

Unfortunately it's time for a teardown, start at the front diff.. remove the front cover and pull the center section out for inspection.. being it's free as it is, it should be very apparent with several broken teeth on the crown..

inspect the input gear for bearing failure and wear, as well as checking the carrier bearings for the front center section..

A quick visual inspection of the center diff is really all you need.. while spinning the front diff the way you did, pay attention to the center dogbone, does the dogbone spin? Or is it sitting stationary? A melted center diff will also show signs of the actual plastic cup melting...

Check those things and let us know where your at...đź‘Ť

It appears all diff fluid has vanished. When was the last service done to the diffs? I’d say do a service on all 3 diffs. You will find the problem in the front or centre.

Back