Fireteam Problem with wheel bearings! Is it just mine or are they poop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have clear Superlube grease, is that reasonable for use in the bearings? I think I have some automotive wheel bearing grease as well. Not sure that I actually have white lithium at the moment, I may have a tube somewhere, or I can get some.

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-21030-Synthetic-Multi-Purpose-Grease/dp/B0B2MLNP65

It certainly does sound better (and cheaper) to avoid letting the bearings destroy themselves, and whatever they're running! Depending on how long it took to service them, that's an interesting idea. Maybe swapping sets, like take out the current ones, change in ones from a kit, and then work on the removed bearings, to get them ready for re-use.

SuperLube is MY Go TO grease for RC and my scale cars. Handles High temps. Is water proof etc. Perfect for my RC BB's. The best around IMHO. Got small sample tubes of it like 20+ years ago for free at an Auto trade show. Best stuff going IMHO. I order it from The Home Depot in large tubes and Tubs. They just don't stock it however. Decent prices. I even use the SL Oil. And their Di-electric grease. I use their Silicone grease on my Scale Car Brake pins. The best. The only Grease that lasts fully between brake jobs. The SL silicone grease is also great for pre-lubing the silicone Shock seals when rebuilding them.
Mobil One Syn. Red automotive grease is also fine for BB's and gears. Actually, any automotive grease will provide more than enough adequate protection for most RC's. If its all you got there. Even for the Main and Input diff gears. NO need to buy RC Boutique Grease and oils. Overpriced and in small quantities. And it is just rebranded grease from somewhere anyway. Just who knows where, is the question.
I do have old BB's here that I will recycle after I clean them and re lube them. I always have spares for every size. I usually replace with new in pairs or sets. I usually don't remove just that one broken or worn out BB, and assume the other side to be fine. The other is usually ready to fail or needs service as well.

Last edited:
I have clear Superlube grease, is that reasonable for use in the bearings? I think I have some automotive wheel bearing grease as well. Not sure that I actually have white lithium at the moment, I may have a tube somewhere, or I can get some.

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-21030-Synthetic-Multi-Purpose-Grease/dp/B0B2MLNP65

It certainly does sound better (and cheaper) to avoid letting the bearings destroy themselves, and whatever they're running! Depending on how long it took to service them, that's an interesting idea. Maybe swapping sets, like take out the current ones, change in ones from a kit, and then work on the removed bearings, to get them ready for re-use.
This is what I use, great stuff and I feel like it was designed for my bearings!

My daughter bought me a fireteam for Christmas and since then I've been able to play with it 15 minutes at the most 1st time I run it 5 minutes and the wheel bearing come out Called Horizon they sent me new ones put the one in and went to drive 10 minutes later the other side wheel bearing come out, Is anyone else having this problem?
Was out with mine for the 10th time and realized I need to replace all 4 inner wheel bearings. Wasn't like this 2 days ago. Here come the Fast Eddie bearings. You can pick up one pack and it will cover 3 Arrma 6s, and another pack that fits the other 6s,s.that way you don't have to buy a pack for each rc unless changing them all in 1 vehicle. They also come with bearings for the servo saver. That will help keep your servo lasting longer as the put brass bushings in 6s. Plastic in 3s. Only ones that come with bearings are the 1/5 scale. But yes Arrma bearings are pieces. I've had more bearings in Arrma go out than I have any of my Traxxas RCs. Only the Rustler when I had it first for a year before any other did I change any bearings, and that was do to seeing white powder on the servo saver. In the manual it shows # for bearings in the diagram. But find out that they were plastic. Really, pay how much for these things and the smallest bearing they can't put in. That's why a lot of people have servo problems first.

Skip the Arrma replacement BB's. No better than the OE's out the box.
I stated elsewhere on AF that the stocker BB's are generally DRY out the box. If you cleaned them out first before your maiden run ( every single BB) and lube them with quality grease, they would last "a Bit" longer IMHO. The Inner Hub BB's are undersized for the application in all Arrma 6s rigs. They are always the first BB's to fail. Every 6s Arrma that I own. I buy these particular Inner Hub BB's in Bulk packs. TRBRC, Fast Eddy's, Avids etc. are all good choices. But I even clean those out and use my own lube. 1/3 fill of grease on both sides of the BB, and no more!! Need to remove both rubber seals on all the BB's to be effective. Cleaning out is important, because mixing different greases works against you. My inner Hub BB's last quite a while now. But they will always be the first to fail. Is what it is.
FWIW, many of the Upgrade alloy hubs are using "larger" inner BB's, for this reason. But I myself am good with the plastic hubs.
Yea, I destroyed my FT BB's early on myself. As do many FT owners. They seemed to fail more easily than the other models. I didn't even bother doing anything to them. I let them fail and then just used my Bulk pack TRBRC BB's to replace them. I have at least 18 runs in and the inner BB's are holding up fine. Sure they are worn. I'l let them explode before replacing. These are just bashers. I always have spare BB's on hand when out bashing. Takes just a few minutes to swap them out. Keep bashing...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back