Problems linking monster 8s with spectrum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonjon0389

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have the remote and the receiver that came off of Italian exb ready to run I have custom built a rig from the ground up and have a Castle creations 1520 with the Mamba 8x monster ESC and it will not link to the transmitter and receiver off of the Italian does anyone have any help

Are you sure you have the ESC connector in the receiver the right way around? If everything is plugged in correctly, you probably need to calibrate it. If it's not responding to you holding full throttle when you turn it on, reverse the throttle channel and try it again. Let us know how it goes. (y)

Honestly I don't know where what plugs in on the ESC I've got the wires for the servo with the plug I got the wires from the Mambo with the plug and I've got the wires from the light kit that I have with the plug but I don't know where to plug them in on the spectrum receiver

Don't worry about the light for starters. Simplify. Servo goes into channel 1, ESC goes into channel 2. An easy way to remember this is:

1 to turn
2 to burn

Once you have them plugged in and a battery connected, calibrate the ESC. Instruction on how to do this should have come with the ESC. Here's a quick video explaining how.

There seems to be so many threads with people having problems with mmx8s + spektrum rx/tx lol.

Some people are more handy with screw drivers than with wiring diagrams :)
16691587753975822519999063719449.jpg
16691587997715162287216677744167.jpg
16691588186456170924427154954184.jpg
16691588343807628755613735729198.jpg
16691588488617591517759243927312.jpg

Yea some. Of us are better with our hands than our brains

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry not good with electronics obviously.. and no
It is kicking my ass
Don't worry about the light for starters. Simplify. Servo goes into channel 1, ESC goes into channel 2. An easy way to remember this is:

1 to turn
2 to burn

Once you have them plugged in and a battery connected, calibrate the ESC. Instruction on how to do this should have come with the ESC. Here's a quick video explaining how.
So now the controller is making a beep noise and blinking green then red

Last edited:
Yeah, looks nice. But next time...just put one copy of each pic in the post and not six? That was a lot of scrolling. :LOL:

But the real question is, did you get the ESC working?
I think I fixed it.
It is kicking my ass

Here is a link to the Castle Beep codes. https://www.castlecreations.com/img/product/description/Error Tones X Series ESC 032618.pdf What are the series of beeps you are getting? Let us know maybe we can help you get pointed in the right direction as what steps to take next.

Last edited:
It is kicking my ass

Okay so I figured out the controller needed a new batteries now my issue is when you turn the steering wheel it hits the throttle on the motor and when you hit the throttle it turns the steering wheel on the servo

Okay so I figured out the controller needed a new batteries now my issue is when you turn the steering wheel it hits the throttle on the motor and when you hit the throttle it turns the steering wheel on the servo
Swap the plugs on the receiver. Plug the ESC in where your servo is plugged in now and vice versa.

Swap the plugs on the receiver. Plug the ESC in where your servo is plugged in now and vice versa.
If I do that then the ESC just blinks red
And the number ESC has two plugs it's got one with one white plug and it's got one with four wires in it do I plug both plugs in or just one of them

And the number ESC has two plugs it's got one with one white plug and it's got one with four wires in it do I plug both plugs in or just one of them
The Mamba x8s monster ESC has two wired plugs coming out of it one of them has one white wire and one has four wires on it do I plug both of them in or just one

I was using talk to text so if I called you Shirley it was by accident it wasn't on purpose I would never disrespect you like that . I got it working y'all everything's working great besides the fact I'm using a 23 tooth pinion and a 50 tooth spur gear it has no power when my son's talion smokes it... I'm very disappointed I had to have done something wrong
Using outcast center diff set up. With talion front and rear.. 23 tooth pinion and I think 50 tooth spur or a 46 or 47 tooth spur

I was using talk to text so if I called you Shirley it was by accident it wasn't on purpose I would never disrespect you like that . I got it working y'all everything's working great besides the fact I'm using a 23 tooth pinion and a 50 tooth spur gear it has no power when my son's talion smokes it... I'm very disappointed I had to have done something wrong
Using outcast center diff set up. With talion front and rear.. 23 tooth pinion and I think 50 tooth spur or a 46 or 47 tooth spur
Glad you got everything sorted out. (y)

I was using talk to text so if I called you Shirley it was by accident it wasn't on purpose I would never disrespect you like that . I got it working y'all everything's working great
No worries Jonjon, we have fun here and try to help each other out in the process. Glad you got it sorted as well. 🤙

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back