Senton Problems with ESC on Senton and Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidrow

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have been reading about ESC problems on these models- before I spend money on either of these is it true I have to get a new ESC soon after getting these trucks on the road? Along with changing the Deans connectors for something better(?) In a tight budget this seems kinda excessive? any advice or is this problem not such a big deal? Thanks in advance- Vic in SoCal

I have been reading about ESC problems on these models- before I spend money on either of these is it true I have to get a new ESC soon after getting these trucks on the road? Along with changing the Deans connectors for something better(?) In a tight budget this seems kinda excessive? any advice or is this problem not such a big deal? Thanks in advance- Vic in SoCal
None of the BLX come with Deans connectors. They have EC5/IC5 connectors.

My son, and I, have been running his Granite he got for Xmas both in the yard, where I even like it, and at the indoor track. Replaced the 14mm hex with 12mm for the track side. No ESC issues at all and he totally digs it.

Well it's nice to know- being an old geezer I already have enough problems without the ESC being so bad it had to be replaced- it looks like a real kick in fact and pretty tough- by "HEX" the tire hubs correct? sorry been away from the hobby like 20+ years

Well it's nice to know- being an old geezer I already have enough problems without the ESC being so bad it had to be replaced- it looks like a real kick in fact and pretty tough- by "HEX" the tire hubs correct? sorry been away from the hobby like 20+ years
Yes, correct... for the tires... That's just for indoor track though. But there has been no other gearing mods done to it either. The middle of summer might be a different story also...

Bought my grandson the Granite and he loves it. Starting to have sporadic issues with the ESC. Afraid that I will have to replace very soon.

Bought my grandson the Granite and he loves it. Starting to have sporadic issues with the ESC. Afraid that I will have to replace very soon.
Unfortunately you probably will. What issues are you having?

I haven't Recieved my granite 3s blx yet but now I'm getting nervous a out the esc.

Been looking at a hobbywing max10 sct maybe they are good to go and not to expensive?

never heard so much esc complains i think something weird is going on with the software of the 3s line
I think the voltage cut off is like at 3.8 or 4.0 v per cell
Loosing connection and unit flashing red.
Does your steering still responds?
Idk if it can be fixed with the hobbywing program card

It isn't limp mode. All of mine started doing it at once. No lights when it happens. If you wait 20sec it will all come back on without having to power down. Motor and esc stays cool. It will start to cog real bad to the point when you try to crawl it will trip again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back