Senton Problems with ESC on Senton and Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow that's what I'm talking about I mean this HAS been a problem and ARRMA doesn't seem to be dealing with it- kinda makes one think- I really like this truck I guess it's the price of admission? BTW what is a LV alarm? and what is meant by coging? thanks

Just did some research the blx only reads 3s and above as far as hv it doesn't on the blx.
wow that's what I'm talking about I mean this HAS been a problem and ARRMA doesn't seem to be dealing with it- kinda makes one think- I really like this truck I guess it's the price of admission? BTW what is a LV alarm? and what is meant by coging? thanks
Lv is low voltage alarm. It plugs in balance port and beeps when you are at live essentially..
Cogging can happen for multiple reasons. In this case the amperage output of the esc isn't high enough to drive the motor without hiccups. Aka voltage drops within the esc.

Thanks for the info on cogging and alarms - I really like this truck (so far) so I guess when I get one I'll have to order some other ESC? seems shady but if that's the price of admission.... I'll just have to save up an extra 180 bucks-

I will say this seems to be a newer issue with the blx100 this wasn't an issue a couple months ago. I have bought 3 separate 3s rigs in past month and they all did the same thing within first few packs. I never even bothered to warranty I just upgraded to the blx185 so never have to worry about it.
I really like this truck (so far) so I guess when I get one I'll have to order some other ESC? seems shady but if that's the price of admission.... I'll just have to save up an extra 180 bucks-
$180 saved for what?

Thanks for the information on the blx180

Think I will order the hobbywing and programmer. Just so that I can make use of the hv batteries and have more tuning options.

I'm sure from the info given that the blx120 or180 would work great if no 2s and no hv is fine for your setup

Thanks for the information on the blx180

Think I will order the hobbywing and programmer. Just so that I can make use of the hv batteries and have more tuning options.

I'm sure from the info given that the blx120 or180 would work great if no 2s and no hv is fine for your setup
The BLX180 was a flame thrower and should never be ran. The BLX185 is pretty solid.

It isn't limp mode. All of mine started doing it at once. No lights when it happens. If you wait 20sec it will all come back on without having to power down. Motor and esc stays cool. It will start to cog real bad to the point when you try to crawl it will trip again
Happened to my esc too but when it was burried in snow it started working again after it dried

I will say this seems to be a newer issue with the blx100 this wasn't an issue a couple months ago. I have bought 3 separate 3s rigs in past month and they all did the same thing within first few packs. I never even bothered to warranty I just upgraded to the blx185 so never have to worry about it.

$180 saved for what?
For an ESC I saw them for about 150 plus shipping and Cali tax

Yes $60 and a great deal for what it is. You can get motor and esc for $100
SOLD OUT- they must be really popular - I am thinking this is an issue with this truck-
Not sold out check the other 6s rigs they all have same esc.
I have seen these blx185 on everything because how tough they are. I am running it on a losi as well.

Attachments

• 20200216_125532.jpg
    20200216_125532.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 39
Yes $60 and a great deal for what it is. You can get motor and esc for $100

Not sold out check the other 6s rigs they all have same esc.
I have seen these blx185 on everything because how tough they are. I am running it on a losi as well.
I will thanks for the quick reply- I really like this platform and I think even with this problem I'll get one and run it till it goes out-

I will thanks for the quick reply- I really like this platform and I think even with this problem I'll get one and run it till it goes out-
The 185 wont go out on you?
The 100 definitely will lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back