Typhon Problems with gears I installed along with slipper eliminator?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed.same thought I had mentioned earlier about what he thought was a hesitation or what he calls stalling was actually cogging..

Cooper could you show me on the side of the esc where it shows it will hold a 3s lipo? Not that I don't believe you but I want to see it visually.if you don't mind thank you
Also I went through this whole thread but have not seen any photos or a vid of what you have ..showing us a vid of what it's doing helps and pics of the system also helps..pics plz
I honestly think he should just go back to what ever was in his rig from stock.he messed around with to much all to quick .that's the problem with doing to much at the same time.things happen then it's hard to trace back.if you do things in small steps then it's easier to find the issue.i still don't like the 85amp esc with that gearing and on 3s to me it doesn't sound right.put everything back the original way.then see if your heating issues is still there which I doubt it will be ..when ever I change gears I do it one tooth amount at a time..I test it out and if it's all good I move on.now if it's over heating at least I can drop one tooth and see if that was the issue.baby steps goes a long way..
I agree with this for sure.
Agreed.same thought I had mentioned earlier about what he thought was a hesitation or what he calls stalling was actually cogging..

Cooper could you show me on the side of the esc where it shows it will hold a 3s lipo? Not that I don't believe you but I want to see it visually.if you don't mind thank you
Also I went through this whole thread but have not seen any photos or a vid of what you have ..showing us a vid of what it's doing helps and pics of the system also helps..pics plz
354329DA-53A3-4505-983B-6E03C3D3CD51.jpeg

View attachment 266891
Well maybe you over ran it..do you bash or did you do a bunch of speed passes without letting it rest.either way 85amp on 3 s is sketchy.at least 100.i suppose you can use 3s on a 85 amp ESC but there are limits involved..like not over doing it.regardless get rid of it.start all over again plz. If a 85 amp ESC is rated for 2s to 3s then a 100 amp should be able to run a 4s but I wouldn't do it.i still have my 3s stock system in my rig and I've been tempted to throw in a 4 s but I won't because many of experienced people here say not to and I listen ..that's why I'm getting a 120 amp ESC so I can use 4s along with a 4s capable motor.
Glad to see people agree.

View attachment 266891
Just curious..when your rig was over heating did you happen to check if your fan plugs on the esc and motor were all connected? Sometimes the clip gets disconnected

Last edited:
Well maybe you over ran it..do you bash or did you do a bunch of speed passes without letting it rest.either way 85amp on 3 s is sketchy.at least 100.i suppose you can use 3s on a 85 amp ESC but there are limits involved..like not over doing it.regardless get rid of it.start all over again plz. If a 85 amp ESC is rated for 2s to 3s then a 100 amp should be able to run a 4s but I wouldn't do it.i still have my 3s stock system in my rig and I've been tempted to throw in a 4 s but I won't because many of experienced people here say not to and I listen ..that's why I'm getting a 120 amp ESC so I can use 4s along with a 4s capable motor.
Glad to see people agree.

Just curious..when your rig was over heating did you happen to check if your fan plugs on the esc and motor were all connected? Sometimes the clip gets disconnected
I literally made 4 passes down my street as soon as I installed what I said and it was smokin hot, that’s it. I stopped when I noticed how hot it was. Esc is perfectly fine as it has been the past couple months. The issue is the slipper eliminator and/or gearing I’m trying to figure out. I have parts on the way to correct it. Appreciate all the input!

I literally made 4 passes down my street as soon as I installed what I said and it was smokin hot, that’s it. I stopped when I noticed how hot it was. Esc is perfectly fine as it has been the past couple months. The issue is the slipper eliminator and/or gearing I’m trying to figure out. I have parts on the way to correct it. Appreciate all the input!
4 passes at full throttle will add heat..I'm sure you didn't let it cool down between each pass..#1rule from what I've been told to do.i follow that rule faithfully..never had a heating issues..anyways I hope you figure it out..let us know share vids and more pics.youll help someone with the same issues 🤟😁👍

I honestly think he should just go back to what ever was in his rig from stock.he messed around with to much all to quick .that's the problem with doing to much at the same time.things happen then it's hard to trace back.if you do things in small steps then it's easier to find the issue.i still don't like the 85amp esc with that gearing and on 3s to me it doesn't sound right.put everything back the original way.then see if your heating issues is still there which I doubt it will be ..when ever I change gears I do it one tooth amount at a time..I test it out and if it's all good I move on.now if it's over heating at least I can drop one tooth and see if that was the issue.baby steps goes a long way..
I agree that the 85 amp esc isn't enough for this car. It should at least have a 100 amp esc. I didn't say that in my previous post because it was mentioned before.

Another problem here is the gearing. Going from 93/19 = 4,89 to 53/20 = 2,65 is way too big step. When changing gears with a different pitch to another you need to calculate the gear ratio and start as close to the old gearing as possible. Or one teeth up and step down if temp gets too high.

I agree that the 85 amp esc isn't enough for this car. It should at least have a 100 amp esc. I didn't say that in my previous post because it was mentioned before.

Another problem here is the gearing. Going from 93/19 = 4,89 to 53/20 = 2,65 is way too big step. When changing gears with a different pitch to another you need to calculate the gear ratio and start as close to the old gearing as possible. Or one teeth up and step down if temp gets too high.
Haven’t had a problem with the 85 but I do agree it’s not enough with the mods I’ve done. I just bought the 100amp and the 14-17 tooth gears. I’ll drop down some teeth on the pinion and see if it’ll work better for me.

Haven’t had a problem with the 85 but I do agree it’s not enough with the mods I’ve done. I just bought the 100amp and the 14-17 tooth gears. I’ll drop down some teeth on the pinion and see if it’ll work better for me.
Good man👍😁🤟
Can I go work on my build now🤟😁👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back