Problems with metal spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacobLS1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
I'm switching over to metal spur gears, but I can't seem to get the slipper clutch tight enough, it continues to slip. The slipper plate is bent on this assembly.

However, on my Granite, it doesn't tighten enough AND now, with the metal gear, it doesn't tighten flat.

Any suggestions?

I do have new 2 new sets of slipper pads and slipper plates on the way.

Thanks

20210529_182636.jpg

Ok, that's kinda what I was assuming. But will that flatten it out?

Thanks for the replies.

I'll update this thread for reference when the new parts come in.

Pad or plate? And what's the reasoning for putting another one in?
The plastic pads. I think it is because the metal spur gear is not as thick and the extra pad makes up the difference in thickness to make the assembly equal to the plastic, but I could be wrong. Not completely sure, but that is the way Arrma designed it.
Ok...sorry, it is not stacked on each side. The side with the metal disc, the plastic slipper pad goes on each side..

Screenshot_20210530-040242_Chrome.jpg

The plastic pads. I think it is because the metal spur gear is not as thick and the extra pad makes up the difference in thickness to make the assembly equal to the plastic, but I could be wrong. Not completely sure, but that is the way Arrma designed it.
Ok...sorry, it is not stacked on each side. The side with the metal disc, the plastic slipper pad goes on each side..

View attachment 149026
Oooooo ok well then I suppose that makes sense

Thanks for the replies.

I'll update this thread for reference when the new parts come in.
Two things to note. The spur has a lip on one side, and the bearing has a flange on one side. They need to be in the correct direction as shown on the above diagram.

Two things to note. The spur has a lip on one side, and the bearing has a flange on one side. They need to be in the correct direction as shown on the above diagram.
I took the pads from my old 48p slipper assembly and that seemed to help, but after i installed everything it was loose to the point the truck didn't even budge.

I think the culprit is a gold cup that's on the end of one of the slipper plates is no longer attached to the plate. It's the plate on the driveshaft side. I can tighten the screw all the way and pull the plates open, I think this cup is supposed to keep the screw, spring, and washers inside the plate.

New plates should be here soon, but I don't even know if I want to bother. Lol

The pads are different part numbers for the metal slipper setup. All I can say is - use all the parts, same part numbers, as in the diagram I posted above. If not - well...that is most likely the issue. If you use all those parts, in the correct order, and none are damaged - should not have any issues for a long long time.

The pads are different part numbers for the metal slipper setup. All I can say is - use all the parts, same part numbers, as in the diagram I posted above. If not - well...that is most likely the issue. If you use all those parts, in the correct order, and none are damaged - should not have any issues for a long long time.
It's the same slipper pads from my Mega. I thought it'd have the hexagonal ones, but they're the cog looking ones.

The culprit was the plates. Installed the new plates and it went together perfectly.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back