Problems with Pinion gears keep coming loose? Look no further!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
This has been mentioned in another thread, but I thought I would start a fresh one so it might get stickied :D
A lot of people seem to have issues with pinion gears slipping/ coming loose and threadlock alone does not always do a good enough job so try this...
bondloc-b641-bearing-fit.jpg

there are plenty of different make, this is just one example..

Heat is your friend and careful patience pulling it off. TL from the factory may be your problem if its the first time removing it.
I don't feel any motor shaft should have anything on it. Let the grub screw do its job. Blue TL on the grub screw only. I never have issues this way.

What about getting pinions off?? Lol im having opposite problem!

What's it stuck with? - I found some good info in the technical report files from Loctite, it tells you what breakaway torque is required and what temperatures it starts to break down at

Well the time before last I got the screw out. But this time it feels as if it is stripped. I guess the brcc don't want to have a different pinion put on .likes it where it is. Wanted to go up a few teeth but I dunno since I do not know how in the hell to get that thing off. Snapped a driver already trying 😳 so I dunno...

Get yourself MIP tools and stripping is history. Now you will have to heat it up, try hammering a bigger tool in, which might damage that tool or use an extractor (and pray it works). You could also try grinding it off but that is a major pain as well. All these are frustrating and end up costing more than a MIP tool.

Like in the other thread, all you need for your grub to stick is cleaning both grub and pinion until all old residue is gone, some blue TL with 24h cure and proper torque.
Throw all those allen keys etc in a far corner in the garage, they are utter garbage for this application. They have some use whenever it screws into plastic but that's about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back