Senton Problems with second production run 3s blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voodoo83

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Just got my first ARRMA product this week, a green/black Senton 3s blx. Picked her up at the LHS.

So excited! But there’s a few problem...

First, the radio and receiver wasn’t bind together. No biggy, just follow the manual and got it going.

Went out for the first one with a 2s LiPo. Within the first minute, something wasn’t right with the truck. I noticed the right rear wheel was very loose so I stopped and checked the wheel nut. It was tight so something else was wrong.

Took the truck home and took apart the rear hub carrier and found this...

The inner bearing was missing! The axle was just held on with the outer bearing. There’s some damage on the axle stub and carrier by the rubbing.

Bringing her back to LHS tomorrow and see what they can do :(

Throwing entire batches aside, as it's a hard accusation based on what seems as 1 individuals screw up. Call Arrma, they'll do right, and stand behind their product. I know, an unfortunate setback and one that would truly taint a new RC experience, but you'll probably be looking at a new bearing & rear hub set they'll mail you, so at least you'll have some free parts.

That is no fun to find out on a new truck! Your doing the right thing taking it back to LHS or calling horizon. I had to take mine back to the LHS for a bad esc when I got mine and they got it fixed up and running again. I have the same truck and it’s a ton of fun.

Hi
Well, the 12x18x4 bearing is a kind of an important bearing…
So, they don't do any QC test run/drive before shipping?
PL

I went back the LHS and they gave me a new bearing for free so I can run the truck for now. I emailed Arrma support last Friday but have yet to receive a response. :confused:

My granite was missing one of the small hub bearings when I got it. I had one on hand and that was that.

Contacting arrma support won’t help, at least it didn’t help me. You need to contact horizon support. And they have been helpful every time I call them.

Hi
Well, the 12x18x4 bearing is a kind of an important bearing…
So, they don't do any QC test run/drive before shipping?
PL

I've had a few manufacturing jobs and I don't think at a single one the QC department tested every unit before going out the door. They usually take a random sampling. X amount out of every 100, that sort of thing.

I've had a few manufacturing jobs and I don't think at a single one the QC department tested every unit before going out the door. They usually take a random sampling. X amount out of every 100, that sort of thing.

Hi,
It's a point. But, I've been in the slot cars for a couple of years and on every digital set up (Carrera), there's a QC tag, (WSC 2,4 Gh, digital chip, digital timer, digital lane changer, etc...).
So, I am still surprise to see no QC tag for the Arrma speed controler Tactic 300 2,4 Gh (at least…) and the rest of the system.
PL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back