Kraton Problems with T-bone racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forums are filled with questions on how to make our RC's go faster and faster. Some people reaching 50, 60, 70, 80+ MPH with our toys and here's a small company like T-Bone Racing that's able to make an item that withstands a TON for a very reasonable price.

I was introduced to T-Bone Racing many years ago over at RCNitroTalk and have been a huge fan of them. The feedback and replies from @T-Bone Racing in the last couple hours just reconfirms my thoughts about the company. Even as the company continues to get bigger and more popular T-Bone continues to listen to customer feedback and tries their best to make right with everyone.

Something very few companies do these days... certainly not the "big" boys. Kudo's to you @T-Bone Racing and keep on rocking it!

Yeah... too little too late in my opinion. There should be this many issues in the first place and like the other dude said. You had to see a group forming before taking action. Its a damn shame really. Glad i started this tho... otherwise a few of these guys would still be screwed. Rather patronizing really. Just really irks me that i had to finish machining $67 worth of late parts.

Yeah... too little too late in my opinion. There should be this many issues in the first place and like the other dude said. You had to see a group forming before taking action. Its a damn shame really. Glad i started this tho... otherwise a few of these guys would still be screwed. Rather patronizing really. Just really irks me that i had to finish machining $67 worth of late parts.
I get that, I felt that it was due to the thread, and i emailed Tbone saying Im gonna blast on the forums on Friday. Suddenly on Sunday they chime in...hmmm.
Anyways i did recieve the last piece i was waiting for...which is wrong also. I think they will hold their word now. Fingers crossed cause i love the parts that are right!

also after my email to blast them I got a refund

Definitely sick parts. Customer service department needs an overhaul tho. It is what it is i guess. The outcast looks bad to the ass with the kraton bumper on it. Yeah... i FPV my kraton and outcast. Thats the best thing simce shirt pockets.

Attachments

• 15251204146022065762033.jpg
    15251204146022065762033.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 73
Yeah,,l know,,they haven’t answered their phone for a while,, they used to,,I don’t know what’s going on,,,makes me think they’re out business?

Hello All!
I have been reading through your comments and want to offer my support to any of you who have unresolved issues with us!
Send me a DM or an email at [email protected] and I will make sure to work with you guys to solve any problems.

The granite 4x4 Hingepin blocks have been fixed and now adequately retain the pins.
If you require the new hingepin blocks just let us know and we will send you the updated ones ASAP.

The shipping issues have been fixed. We are no longer dealing with the major issues that delayed shipment for many orders.

I was alarmed to see the many comments on our customer service. We will be addressing this now.

Yes we have been going through massive growing pains and are currently in the process of putting in a new manufacturing/inventory and order tracking system which will eliminate all of these types of delays and errors.
We greatly appreciate your support!
-Nick
T-Bone Racing

Ya know I don’t know what I was thinking. I owe a big apology to Tbone racing. Oh man. It was not Tbone racing that I had problems with it was Hot Racing. As a matter of fact all the bumpers I’ve bought from Tbone have been awesome. One of the bumpers I received had two wrong screws in the package and they were fantastic in sending me 4 brand new ones immediately. Man I feel terrible. I’m so sorry Tbone. I’ve had nothing but great customer service from them. I’m a dork

Tbone racing has been nothing but good to me

good for u. t bone I wont buy from them ever again..................

good for u. t bone I wont buy from them ever again..................
Good luck finding something better. I feel sorry for your rc vehicles. It's like having unprotected sex. If you keep ramming it into things without good protection... it's gonna cost you in the long run!

And yes stickers help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me there was a batch of people that had trouble in the past say 1.5 months. I figure its what T-bone said and theyre "transitioning" otherwise it would be a bad track record and not a cluster of bad events. Im willing to give them the benifit of the doubt on it.
I am glad i made this post because i do feel like it helped speed things up for not just myself but others as well... and thats also the part that still bothers me about it. But i consider the beef squished, at least for me. JUST don't LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN! lol and stickers, bro... com'on!

dude I don't run into stuff like most of u all.
Then I have no idea why your complaining. To each their own buddy. I try to support small businesses. It's not always easy for them in this competitive world that the internet has created. Especially when it's so easy to female dog about everything and start movements with no avail. I'm glad this thread was started and believe that TBR has taken notice. Hopefully everybody can just get along.
Cheers and BASH ON

I got all my tbone stuff but they forgot to send me the hinge pin block after 6 weeks of waiting I said screw the block I'm not dealing with the hassle of trying to contact tr the re e customer service again so I just took the factory bumper off my kraton and put it on the outcast.
20180325_092301.jpg

I am trusting them because they sent me back new warrantied parts, a brace for a Sl4sh bumper, and The WRong bumper for a Rustler.

I am shipping the wrong bumper back and do believe I will get the right one. I spoke up about the issue and it did get fixed, that is the facts. Their stuff IS BOMB and i never nroke parts i bought for my ARRMA though. Best stuff i.m.o.

New company and they do have their ears working now.

We all spent our money in their direction on purpose, i think they will be loyal.i don't think my Arrma stuff is breakable. I honestly would be driving beyond what I do to break that Stuff! I love my toys too much to kill them on purpose anywhooo

P.s. and i wont buy traxxas trucks ever again.

Im not paid, and im just a guy.
I love this forum though.
G'night

Does anyone else have the kraton v2-v3 wheelie bar? If so did you have any trouble fitting the skid plate at all?
It seems like its bent too soon and just did want to fit until i hit with a heat gun to soften things up a bit. Is this a thing or am i an idiot?

Not a new company, been around since 2004. Bought from them years ago, but recently I purchased a bumper from them and it was like they lost my order. I contacted TBR about the problem, and the part showed in a few days. So TBR is having some sort of problems, and only they would know what it is.

Interesting, it had never even dawned on me to ask for a replacement on bumpers and parts I destroy through extreme usage for either RPM or Tbone. I always just assumed that a crappy landing on a massive drop was my bad.

Are people successfully getting these parts replaced?

Looking at the RPM website they describe warranties "under normal operating conditions" . My own personal "normal driving conditions" are Sh***y-nose down-poorly controlled jumps due to a lack of "trigger finger skill".

I was kind of in the same boat with one of my trucks. The T-Bone bumper for the revo is a 2 or 3 part item... or 4. I busted one of the parts t-bone'ing (ha) a tree at WOT while in flight. Shattered my bulkhead/diff case and steering components as well. I sent them an email with a photo asking if I could just buy the one part that broke vs the entire front bumper system. They replied by asking for my address to ship me a replacement part for free.

To me, what I did was far outside the rehlm of "normal operation" and yet, they offered the new part directly without even being asked. Took a week or two to get the part, but that's about how long it was taking to get other t-bone skids/bumpers I have on 4 of my trucks.

If I have a truck that can benefit from one of their parts, I'm buying it. That reminds me... I want a wheelie bar part for my t-bone rear skid on my revo... so much better than using the rear wing for a wheelie bar. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back