Kraton Problems with the Kraton rear diff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stianbirkeland

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello, i have a problem with my Kraton. I have only had the car for a coupel of weeks. I think it is in the rear diff, when i pres the throttle the diff just "spins". can anyone tell me what is wrong, and what i need to fix? thank you for answer.

Hello, i have a problem with my Kraton. I have only had the car for a coupel of weeks. I think it is in the rear diff, when i pres the throttle the diff just "spins". can anyone tell me what is wrong, and what i need to fix? thank you for answer.
1st thing you'll need to do is open it up and see what gears are possibly damaged. Once you do that either check back here with the damaged part or post a pic of it so we will know what you need to get it fixed. It could just possibly be completely empty and have no oil in it but i don't think that is the problem. If its spinning freely it should be working so i think a bit more info is needed but i say open it up.

1st thing you'll need to do is open it up and see what gears are possibly damaged. Once you do that either check back here with the damaged part or post a pic of it so we will know what you need to get it fixed. It could just possibly be completely empty and have no oil in it but i don't think that is the problem. If its spinning freely it should be working so i think a bit more info is needed but i say open it up.

The gears was in good condition, and that is the problem. I have taken the whole rear end apart, but I cant find the problem. It is most when i am driving in revers there is something wrong. But it heppens some times when i am driving forward also. Can it be something with the bearings?

The gears was in good condition, and that is the problem. I have taken the whole rear end apart, but I cant find the problem. It is most when i am driving in revers there is something wrong. But it heppens some times when i am driving forward also. Can it be something with the bearings?

Just want to clarify what your actual issue is, then we can decide what to check. Are the rear wheels not spinning under power? If you hold the truck off the ground and give it throttle, what happens?

Exactly we don't really know the problem , all you stated was when you press the throttle the diff spins and that is actually supposed to happen when you hit it.

The car is now better, but it makes a bad sound when i pres revers, and the car dosent go. Any ideeas what that can be?

Diff fluid , bearings , gears inside the diff , it can be a # of things no one can really guess exactly what it is. Only you by taking it apart. I can try and point you in the right direction by saying open the diff you think is having a problem , take a good look in there. If there is no lube , fill it with diff lube.

Diff fluid , bearings , gears inside the diff , it can be a # of things no one can really guess exactly what it is. Only you by taking it apart. I can try and point you in the right direction by saying open the diff you think is having a problem , take a good look in there. If there is no lube , fill it with diff lube.

ok, thank you

Remove rear diff.

Open the rear diff, take everything out, to check that sungear or crosspin aint snapped in half. ( little pin that hold sun gear)

If diff looking 100 fine, check, wheel hexes, and Hex cross pin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back