Kraton Product request - 4 mm thick chassis plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
As much as I try to always have good landings from big air, I'm not always successful, and for several of the worse ones, I have bent the chassis (among other damage). I have bent it back each time, but its definitely not perfectly true any more, and one of these days, it will need to be replaced. It would be great to have a 4 mm thick chassis plate to install. This along with aluminum chassis braces might be a great combo for keeping the chassis from bending.

As far grade of aluminum, I think that ARRMA likely doesn't even use 6061-T6, so using 6061-T6 would be great from that perspective. 7075-T6 is definitely a hell of a lot stronger than 6061-T6, so its attractive for that reason, but its ability to deform without failing is not quite as good as 6061-T6. My preference would to take a chance with 7075-T6, but I'd buy one made from either material.

I have a "case-to-case" brace. It helps a ton, but only for resisting bending into a U or reverse U. A stronger stiffer chassis would be resistant to twisting which is how I've bent my chassis plate a few times. Its possible that a 4 mm chassis in combination with aluminum chassis braces would be enough to handle anything.

Last edited:
Have you tried this? I'm doubtful that the holes for the front gearbox case will line up through both plates. At any rate, I still would prefer to have a 4 mm thick 7075-T6 plate because its a lighter, cleaner solution. The Tekno MT410 has a 4 mm thick plate. Why not for the Kraton.

Have you tried this? I'm doubtful that the holes for the front gearbox case will line up through both plates. At any rate, I still would prefer to have a 4 mm thick 7075-T6 plate because its a lighter, cleaner solution. The Tekno MT410 has a 4 mm thick plate. Why not for the Kraton.
Another member did it I do not remember where the thread is though, it was in one of the threads where people were talking about tower to tower braces. He chopped the sides off and used the center part of the chassis and ran it from bulkhead to bulkhead along the bottom, I have a spare(bent) chassis that I might do this with. In the morning I will see if I can find that thread.

I just watched Vas's Talion unboxing video, and another change to the V3 Talion/Kraton is that they have reshaped the chassis plate to make it wider at the rear. Same thing could be done for an aftermarket chassis plate.

I just watched Vas's Talion unboxing video, and another change to the V3 Talion/Kraton is that they have reshaped the chassis plate to make it wider at the rear. Same thing could be done for an aftermarket chassis plate.
I am fairly certain the V3 Kraton has the same chassis as the V2.

I sifted through Vas' videos, and the Kraton V2 plate is definitely different than the Talion V3 plate.

Kraton v2 chassis rear.jpg
Talion v3 chassis rear.jpg

Yes the however the Kraton V3 uses the exact same chassis as the V2. The Talion V3 and Kraton V3 use different chassis plates.

Weird. Why would ARRMA do that.
Everyone was assuming all the V3s would get the same updates as the Talion V3. I think they did it to more differentiate the Talion from the Kraton, because before they were essentially the same vehicle sans the wheel hubs, wheels and body.

ok. I guess I'm back to the notion that an aftermarket plate could have a different shape to enhance torsional rigidity.

Yep, I've seen the Boris Germany under-chassis brace for example. I'd be ok with something like that from a more accessible vendor, however, I still think a 4 mm chassis plate would be a desirable product.

Yep, I've seen the Boris Germany under-chassis brace for example. I'd be ok with something like that from a more accessible vendor, however, I still think a 4 mm chassis plate would be a desirable product.
I think a milled 7075 aluminum chassis would be better.

I mean it is kinda weird that my 1/14 2 pounds car has a 2.5mm chassis and a 8pounds 1/8 Kraton barely has .5mm extra.

I mean it is kinda weird that my 1/14 2 pounds car has a 2.5mm chassis and a 8pounds 1/8 Kraton barely has .5mm extra.
It's not really the thickness that matters its the quality of the aluminum that is used, some 1/5th scale rcs only have a 4mm aluminum chassis and those things can weigh like 30-40lbs, the Arrma chassis is made out of stamped aluminum and as previously stated it's not a very high quality aluminum.
The way the chassis is supported makes a difference as well.

Still not a fan of a flat chassis. Its never going to be good for torsion, you need a closed section for that.

Still not a fan of a flat chassis. Its never going to be good for torsion, you need a closed section for that.
Yes I agree Arrma should make an upgrade milled chassis for their vehicles like Hoboa does for the Hyper VSe.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back