Products to waterproof servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbooley

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
What do you think is the best product to waterproofing a servo.I just got one of the servos that I ordered in and I want to waterproof it. I watched lots of videos on do it but they use many different products like plasti dip, conformal coating, liquid tape, silicon epoxy. I know how to do it but just don't know what product to use.

Thanks
JB

Liquid electrical tape is great and easy to use. Dries in about 5 min. I taped off my fins of the main body so that it can stay a little cooler.

Yes i was going to tape off fins and servo shaft when i do it. I am also going to add marine grease to shaft and shoe goo to the cable coming out of the bottom.

I take the top of the servo off and pack it with grease, put the top back on and completely cover the rest of the servo and an inch or so of the wire. I have been waterproofing my basher and crawler rigs the same without issue for a while now and I run them in water, snow and whatever else I can find.

Oh yeah, jbooley, I love your avatar!! The 12th season just came out today! (RIP Mr. Dunsworth)

Thanks for the help. I just picked liquid tape,blue marine grease(blue) for waterproofing but couldn't find the shoe goo at Walmart and didn't fell like running all over the place to look. I think that the liquid tape around the cord will do just fine. I will just put a little extra around it. I also picked up some WD-40 dry lube for the rest of the car.

JB

I use Toyota black sealant, it'll say FPIG on the outside. I do stewdogg does, I use dielectric grease and coat all the internal electronics, especially the circuit board that way if some water happened to find it's way inside it will just slide across it without shorting out. Afterwards I put it back together, and I lay a bead of the Toyota sealant (it's way way better than anything you will ever buy in a parts store)& I spread it nice and evenly on the entire outside, but making sure it covers and fills where the top and bottom caps come together with the center. Everyone had great ideas, the only thing I don't like about using the liquid electric tape is that once it dries it's really easy to rub off, the sealant will be there until you need new servo

What do you think is the best product to waterproofing a servo.I just got one of the servos that I ordered in and I want to waterproof it. I watched lots of videos on do it but they use many different products like plasti dip, conformal coating, liquid tape, silicon epoxy. I know how to do it but just don't know what product to use.

Thanks
JB
This is from RCSPARKS. I recommend this method.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back