"Professionally" installed butt connectors

Kratonage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, , Talion,
Is there any negatives to using heatshrunk butt connectors between the esc and a brushless motor? For us soldering impaired individuals.

travis328

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, Senton
Butt connectors generally can't handle the amperage that brushless motors require. I used them on my crawler truck with no issues, but it's a brushed truck with low amperage draws.

Kratonage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, , Talion,
Butt connectors generally can't handle the amperage that brushless motors require. I used them on my crawler truck with no issues, but it's a brushed truck with low amperage draws.

Cool thanks for the information.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s
@Kratonage, Travis is right on. Most of your butt connectors are only rated on average around 15-20 amps. For comparison, your 3.5mm bullet connectors offer 60 amps continuous.

I find bullet connectors and EC type connectors very easy to install. If you're having troubles I'd recommend taking a look at the thread "How to Solder Correctly" over at RCNitroTalk.

Kratonage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, , Talion,
@Kratonage, Travis is right on. Most of your butt connectors are only rated on average around 15-20 amps. For comparison, your 3.5mm bullet connectors offer 60 amps continuous.

I find bullet connectors and EC type connectors very easy to install. If you're having troubles I'd recommend taking a look at the thread "How to Solder Correctly" over at RCNitroTalk.

Cool thanks woodie!!! :cool:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.