"Professionally" installed butt connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratonage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Is there any negatives to using heatshrunk butt connectors between the esc and a brushless motor? For us soldering impaired individuals.

Butt connectors generally can't handle the amperage that brushless motors require. I used them on my crawler truck with no issues, but it's a brushed truck with low amperage draws.

Butt connectors generally can't handle the amperage that brushless motors require. I used them on my crawler truck with no issues, but it's a brushed truck with low amperage draws.

Cool thanks for the information.

@Kratonage, Travis is right on. Most of your butt connectors are only rated on average around 15-20 amps. For comparison, your 3.5mm bullet connectors offer 60 amps continuous.

I find bullet connectors and EC type connectors very easy to install. If you're having troubles I'd recommend taking a look at the thread "How to Solder Correctly" over at RCNitroTalk.

@Kratonage, Travis is right on. Most of your butt connectors are only rated on average around 15-20 amps. For comparison, your 3.5mm bullet connectors offer 60 amps continuous.

I find bullet connectors and EC type connectors very easy to install. If you're having troubles I'd recommend taking a look at the thread "How to Solder Correctly" over at RCNitroTalk.

Cool thanks woodie!!! :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back