Program card for BLX ESCs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the Hobbywing one works, but the list of options on the sticker doesn't line up as their are not as many options on the Arrma versions.

1542220727981.png

TT

By looking at the chart in an owners manual. You can tell from the options which one you are changing. I made a little cheat sheet and taped it on the back to help remember.

1542222910043.png

TT

hi, im going to get the above program card and guessing it wont come with the cable/lead. looking at the above picture is that a male to male
cable i need ? thanks for any replies.

hi, im going to get the above program card and guessing it wont come with the cable/lead. looking at the above picture is that a male to male
cable i need ? thanks for any replies.
The lead comes with it.. well at least it did with the one I bought..

I wonder if there's a way to flash the full Hobbywing firmware onto the BLX185 - it's supposed to be the same hardware right?

I wonder if there's a way to flash the full Hobbywing firmware onto the BLX185 - it's supposed to be the same hardware right?

I think this has been discussed and concluded that it isn't possible. Sure wish it were though.

I think this has been discussed and concluded that it isn't possible. Sure wish it were though.
I knew a guy that did some software development and said it was pretty easy to get in the HW esc's programming.
He indicated he figured out a way to remove the amperage limiting on the Max6 and Max5.
Sadly he lost his fight with cancer last year and took those secrets to the grave.

Soooo maybe others could figure it out. The only programming language I know is SQL and very little C

-Liberty

I knew a guy that did some software development and said it was pretty easy to get in the HW esc's programming.
He indicated he figured out a way to remove the amperage limiting on the Max6 and Max5.
Sadly he lost his fight with cancer last year and took those secrets to the grave.

Soooo maybe others could figure it out. The only programming language I know is SQL and very little C

-Liberty
From what I recall of the discussion, the blx variation esc has some "lock" that doesn't allow deeper customization in the same way standard / branded HW esc does.

From what I recall of the discussion, the blx variation esc has some "lock" that doesn't allow deeper customization in the same way standard / branded HW esc does.
That’s just a hacking challenge.

If onlyyyy they were programmable via computer so you could mess with the files straight through thereeee. Hobbywing should come out with a link feature. Even some hobbystars can be programmed through computer.

That’s just a hacking challenge.
Could be but if I were Hobbywing, I might try to stifle a RTR (lower cost) esc in hopes to sell upgrades that would be attractive to hobbyists that wish to be able to tweak more.

edit: I'm happy enough to be able to quickly adjust brake and punch. I wouldn't mind more options but doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would that I cannot make more changes.

If onlyyyy they were programmable via computer so you could mess with the files straight through thereeee. Hobbywing should come out with a link feature. Even some hobbystars can be programmed through computer.
All you need is the firmware file. Or a TFTP connection

All you need is the firmware file. Or a TFTP connection
I'd love if it were that easy. Seems like many have tried though and should be able to find details and fixes posted at GitHub etc if it worked. These blx escs certainly aren't new. Hell, I'd even pay a bit to have the fix.
Yep, I did the same:
2019-0410-HobbyWingProgramBox.jpg

I have this Hexfly card that I haven't used since I was interested in my MT10E. Haven't tried to see if it'll work yet but I imagine it will. I'll try soon.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back