Typhon Project 3scf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
So I’ve decided on the project 3scf as my newest rendition of my latest project with the rebuild of my crashed typhon v5 6s. It’s going to have a custom cut by me carbon fiber chassis, that’s approximately 40-50mm longer than the typhons stock chassis, the ext length should not require new drive shafts, since I’m making a custom cut 75mm-100mm spool. Depends on length needed of stretch. I’ll be using limitless tower# and shocks, pps motor mount, hopefully gp5 diffs. Arrma typhon arms with kraton hubs and stuff. Grp wheels should be fine for a 3s vehicle. Oh yeah it’s also going to have a belt drive spool and motor belt drive, no regular pinion. That gives me much cooler gearing to play with. I have a new body I’m going to try it’s a bit different then the regular typhon body
It’s kinda like this but much better
FCE829B5-3D4C-4E99-9B65-872EFA8FF215.jpeg

I haven’t decided on the motor or esc yet, I have a few to choose from. From a stock arrma 6s setup, a torox 185, HW max6, or the CC XLX2, for esc’s. Motors I don’t have any expensive ones simply I can’t afford one yet, but I have a few to try a neu castle 1521 2650kv, HW 4985 1650kv, a rocket 4092 1420kv, or a spectrum 2050kv stock 6s motor. I hope one combo will go decent I’m looking to break 120mph. So let me know any thoughts. I am slow at projects, and it may change again lol but I got the carbon fiber chassis almost done being rough cut, after a few decisions I need to make on final width and whether or not the front needs the kick up or not I can’t see the reason why still. I might put an aluminum front kick up or not 😂

That is going to be a wicked looking vehicle.
Got a bit of that classic Batmobile vibe to it already..

Can't wait to see what your chassis will look like! Do you have any sneak peek or teaser photos?

Yeah I got a couple shots of my rough cut and part of the old chassis I’m using for the rear guide clamped on
D53A8D8B-8666-4517-B8C3-E671FEAE2435.jpeg
FD21ACAC-73B3-4F38-BD83-8479AD9D0966.jpeg

I don’t know my final side profile yet so I left the sides wide and squared
The inside of the white lines is the outside of the final shape for the front without a kick up. The rear has the old Chas clamped on still for finish working the cf
I still might bring the rear end forward 25-30mm I’m not sure till I check the rear assembly fit
It’s my first time working with cf on this scale so I gave myself a wide margin for f‘ups lol but I love cutting this stuff into parts it’s really satisfying. I use safety equipment (mask gloves goggles) it’s rough stuff if you inhale it or rub your eyes with some on your hands, feels like flash burns from welding or sand ground into your eyes 😵lol🤣

Last edited:
Looks Super!

So, are you cutting and filing the CF chassis by hand..!?

So I was thinking of making my own aluminum kick up from another chassis and cut it out like this partView attachment 227391
then I’ll have the correct angle.

That's an 'expensive' way of making such a plate, plus you are ruining a perfectly good chassis to just "produce" a small part...

I got a chassis from Jenny’s for $13 shipped
And have it laying around anyway 😆
Also
i have a lot of 1/8” aluminum sheet around my garages

That's Very handy to have.. How much of the stuff do you have, if I may ask?
So, other than the hand tools you mentioned before... Do you have access to a metal break to bend these said aluminum sheets to specific angles?

Also just a suggestion-
Instead of butchering/chopping up your good chassis ,why don't you mask(blue painters tape) & trace out "your ideal design(s)" on it and then transfer it to a PVC plastic sheet or some other similar material, so you can iterate as many times as you need, til you get it right...
Leaving your original chassis intact, for referencing..

I could make it, but no luck on a real press break, or big saws,

Understood.
Just curious since you stated you had a bunch of 1/8" aluminum plates laying around...

I have a real lathe like this
View attachment 227469
a bunch of chop saws and sawzalls jigsaws grinders and misc tools from doing HVAC For many years and my father# tools too from HVAC

Alrighty!
Now we're talking.

I've seen an industrial South Bend lathe that was off of a naval battle ship.. Extremely Beefy machines.
Your Logan lathe looks very stout also! 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back