Project Billet PPS Kraton- Molasses Edition.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPS-RC

Very Active Member
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
Hello!

This is my V4 Kraton 6s I'm using for R&D of new products.

Molasses? Yup. Progress is going to be slow. I'm working as fast as I can, but am rushing nothing.

Billet? Darn Tootin.

I thought it would be cool to share my build log designing the parts that may end up in your build log. I figure, everyone else can be proud and show off their builds and I want in on that action!

Here is day 1 of my build. I think it's easy to forget what new used to look like! Haha
20200103_185407.jpg
20200103_185433.jpg

My first Arrma part I made is this PPS-RC.COM differential mount. It turned out awesome! And looks great in there.
20191207_140325.jpg
20200108_094348.jpg

And that's it for now.

I told you it was going to be slow. I'm playing the long game. Haha!

I see a problem straight away, you bought the slow red one when you should have bought the fast blue one..?

I've bought one of your diff mounts, it's in the post somewhere between the US and the UK..!!
Can't wait to get it fitted..???

Guess you didn’t know the red ones were so slow! Oh well. Subd curious for the new stuff we haven’t seen done yet.
I actually wanted a blue one, but only the red one was available at the LHS. Either the blue one was too fast and I missed it, or it was too slow and wasn't there yet.

I’d be interested in the centre diff mount and carrier for the motor. Does it allow fitment of larger motors and pinion gears?
Awesome! Yeah the motor mount will fit a wide range of motors, and a wide range of pinions. I really need to sit down and do all the calculations with all of the different gear ratios possible. It's just hard to find the time to do each one. If you have a specific combo in mind, I can model it for you and tell you if it will work.

Will you do custom work if supplied a model and print?

I'm going to go a little rogue here, but this is for everyone.

Custom work is certainly a thing I can do, however at the end of the day it needs to make sense for both of us. I suppose that's how all deals work haha. I mean, I'm not going to pay $100 for one order of french fries, but I'm also not going to sell you one order of french fries for less than $100.

To put some perspective on it... I have to drive to the store, buy a deep fryer, oil, potatoes, a knife, a plate, salt, rent kitchen space, and then do the work to prepare them. Some people however may really just want ME to make them one order of french fries and that is a worthwhile use of money to them. (I don't judge haha!) And some people may really like my fries and find the initial setup cost for the ingredients and equipment to make them is worth it. I mean, after you have all the ingredients and equipment, every subsequent order of fries is gets much cheaper. Eventually you get to the point where you're paying for just the potatoes. And most people once realizing what all is involved, would rather just go to Mcdonalds because they are hungry and can get much cheaper fries right now.

If you have a part idea that either you really want a one-off and it's worth paying engineering, CAD/CAM, Tooling, fixturing, and machine time for to have your own part, I'd be happy to work with you. If you also have a product that you want made and many produced, we can work something out that makes sense for both of us.

I am only saying this because I simply cannot make someone a custom one-off part that SHOULD cost $10 if you were to buy it at a store for $10. The same way that $3 french fries could cost you $100 to have made.

With all of that said, if you have a part you would like developed... shoot me a message!

I actually wanted a blue one, but only the red one was available at the LHS. Either the blue one was too fast and I missed it, or it was too slow and wasn't there yet.

Awesome! Yeah the motor mount will fit a wide range of motors, and a wide range of pinions. I really need to sit down and do all the calculations with all of the different gear ratios possible. It's just hard to find the time to do each one. If you have a specific combo in mind, I can model it for you and tell you if it will work.

I'm going to go a little rogue here, but this is for everyone.

Custom work is certainly a thing I can do, however at the end of the day it needs to make sense for both of us. I suppose that's how all deals work haha. I mean, I'm not going to pay $100 for one order of french fries, but I'm also not going to sell you one order of french fries for less than $100.

To put some perspective on it... I have to drive to the store, buy a deep fryer, oil, potatoes, a knife, a plate, salt, rent kitchen space, and then do the work to prepare them. Some people however may really just want ME to make them one order of french fries and that is a worthwhile use of money to them. (I don't judge haha!) And some people may really like my fries and find the initial setup cost for the ingredients and equipment to make them is worth it. I mean, after you have all the ingredients and equipment, every subsequent order of fries is gets much cheaper. Eventually you get to the point where you're paying for just the potatoes. And most people once realizing what all is involved, would rather just go to Mcdonalds because they are hungry and can get much cheaper fries right now.

If you have a part idea that either you really want a one-off and it's worth paying engineering, CAD/CAM, Tooling, fixturing, and machine time for to have your own part, I'd be happy to work with you. If you also have a product that you want made and many produced, we can work something out that makes sense for both of us.

I am only saying this because I simply cannot make someone a custom one-off part that SHOULD cost $10 if you were to buy it at a store for $10. The same way that $3 french fries could cost you $100 to have made.

With all of that said, if you have a part you would like developed... shoot me a message!

I get that 100%! I work with shops all the time in this respect on a day to day basis but that’s with jobs that cost thousands each so it’s hard to get my little ole part that equals their chips in ?. I’m pretty good at judging cost so I know ahead of time if it’s something I REALLY want to have made if you know what I mean.

You already design and build RC parts and are familiar with them so if you see something that doesn’t make sense design wise then I would think you would be more inclined to speak up and offer a better solution as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back