Kraton Project Custom Chassis Super Stretched Dual Motor 6s "Goliath"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update! Got my other 1717 delivered and I have a MMX8S coming as well from another member. Starting to play with different layout ideas but I think what I have here is going to be the best option 😁😁. Need to lock the diffs as well. Not sure exactly what I want to do with those yet. But now I'm getting pumped!!! Looks wild. Still have lots to do for mounting and bracing and such
D283EAE3-07C4-4122-A9E5-64E1A9C24E3D.jpeg

Looks like a fun build! Will you add a tower to tower brace?

That would really complete the Look & Build of the rig ,for sure!

And, I'm working up something to take care of just that.. in carbon fiber.
So, give me a little bit more time ;)

Looks like a fun build! Will you add a tower to tower brace?
Yessir!! Like @Tex Koder said he's on the job! I'll be adding in some carbon plates to further help and bending the sides of the chassis to help as well. I have some other ideas flowing in my head for bracing but I might not need them. I don't plan on sending this by any means. It'll just be a ripper with small jumps. Eventually want to get paddle tires and go shred the beach up 😈
When you said super stretched, you meant it! (y) lookin' good.
haha oh yes!! She's a monster. Thank you 🤘🏼
Gatta stay busy man! Hopefully by next weekend I'll have a pretty functioning vehicle. Got some stuff that is on the way like hex extenders from jbi, proline body, new wing mount, Mojave side guards that I ordered double of because I'll run 2 on each side, and rpm esc mounts. So I'll stay very busy.....

Body and hex extenders get delivered today! 😁 Little nervous about the body fitment but I think it will end up working out. I did get the sides of the chassis bent up last night and man that made a huge difference with the strength of the chassis. I didnt get them as perfect as I would like but I am happy. If/when I make another one I think I will be able to do it better. I have a tower hobbies order being delivered tomorrow with esc mounts and side guards and at that point I can actually start to really set things up and get stuff mounted.

I have a sheet of carbon that will be cut to lay on the top of the chassis to further support, I got a large enough piece that I can cut a second layer if needed. The carbon is 2mm thick so doubled up is of course 4mm. The chassis is 3mm already so I am thinking 1 layer should suffice but we will see. Looking like I will be hard at work this sunday on the carbon and mounting everything up

Body and hex extenders get delivered today! 😁 Little nervous about the body fitment but I think it will end up working out. I did get the sides of the chassis bent up last night and man that made a huge difference with the strength of the chassis. I didnt get them as perfect as I would like but I am happy. If/when I make another one I think I will be able to do it better.

Can't wait to see how the truck body lines up!
I bet it's going to look PeRfect! ;)

Just a slight bend adds a great deal of rigidity.
Perhaps on the future chassis (make it wider) and just make the bends into actual Sidewalls instead. And it'll do Triple duty - adds stiffness to the chassis itself ; provide side protection to the batteries & electronics ; and (if you can get the "sidewalls" mount to the front and rear bulkheads then you won't need the angled braces for the front and back..

I have a tower hobbies order being delivered tomorrow with esc mounts and side guards and at that point I can actually start to really set things up and get stuff mounted.

I have a sheet of carbon that will be cut to lay on the top of the chassis to further support, I got a large enough piece that I can cut a second layer if needed. The carbon is 2mm thick so doubled up is of course 4mm. The chassis is 3mm already so I am thinking 1 layer should suffice but we will see. Looking like I will be hard at work this sunday on the carbon and mounting everything up

Personally, the metal chassis by itself should be more than sufficient ,especially with some design changes that I mentioned above.
Save your carbon plates to make into more Custom Chassis instead of utilizing it for bracing.. Just my 2 cents ;)

Can't wait to see how the truck body lines up!
I bet it's going to look PeRfect! ;)

Just a slight bend adds a great deal of rigidity.
Perhaps on the future chassis (make it wider) and just make the bends into actual Sidewalls instead. And it'll do Triple duty - adds stiffness to the chassis itself ; provide side protection to the batteries & electronics ; and (if you can get the "sidewalls" mount to the front and rear bulkheads then you won't need the angled braces for the front and back..

Personally, the metal chassis by itself should be more than sufficient ,especially with some design changes that I mentioned above.
Save your carbon plates to make into more Custom Chassis instead of utilizing it for bracing.. Just my 2 cents ;)
I think it will be quite solid and from the pictures online I really like the way this body looks. Cant wait to see it tonight. When I traced my v2 chassis I added maybe 2 inches to each side of it or something like that....maybe more honestly I didnt really measure yet. But that was my exact thought, just make sidewalls out of that and have a little more room for whatever else.

The metal by itself is pretty damn tough and springy as it is. But I fear it is a liiiiitle bit too soft so I really want to just add that little extra bit for peace of mind. Plus it'll look pretty cool I think!

Don't tempt me with more custom chassis lol!
More photos plz👍😁
I certainly will post some more when I get home and get my sticky fingers on the stuff tonight. I can;t wait

Little video tour of the Goliath with it's innards placed roughly where they will be. Once I get my delivery tomorrow then I can actually start mounting stuff!

I was having a rough time figuring out what to do about mounting the rear posts. I didn't want to extend the posts in the normal way with the threaded tube and I spent awhile thinking about it and remembered I had a roll cage from a kraton laying around and boom! Was able to mount some posts on that and it's perfectly in place for the rear. Super happy.

I'm not completely happy with how the back looks at the moment. Not entirely sure what to do yet. I'm sure something will come to mind

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back