Fireteam Project Failure - A noobs attempt to keep a Fireteam on the road for more then 24 hours

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmiC10R

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
I got my Fireteam in December and was pretty excited about this scale of RC.
I opened it about 7 days before Xmas for some Xmas Shenanigans and promptly broke a suspension arm off driving it off my 3 foot deck in -20C temperatures.
It was operational for 24 hours.

I then got the parts from the closest store and fixed it so I could take it out on Xmas to the family dinner to drive it on the snow.
I promptly broke the e clip off the 12t gear and that was that.
It lasted 48 hours.

I got the new gear with set screw and eclip and ordered and extra couple and got it out last thursday and promptly drove it into an apple tree on 75% power ( i had been running on 50% previously).
It lasted 24 hours.

I drove in to the local hobby store on friday and got all the parts plus some Pro line trenchers and got it all working for sunday. I then blew out the right wheel hub bearing.
It lasted 24 hours.

As a noob I'm slowly working my way through each fix but it's getting a little questionable if I can keep this thing in a working state for more then a day.

Ive ordered the parts to rebuild the front end but it will take a few days if not a week to get them all here.

20230410_125934.jpg

I got my Fireteam in December and was pretty excited about this scale of RC.
I opened it about 7 days before Xmas for some Xmas Shenanigans and promptly broke a suspension arm off driving it off my 3 foot deck in -20C temperatures.
It was operational for 24 hours.

I then got the parts from the closest store and fixed it so I could take it out on Xmas to the family dinner to drive it on the snow.
I promptly broke the e clip off the 12t gear and that was that.
It lasted 48 hours.

I got the new gear with set screw and eclip and ordered and extra couple and got it out last thursday and promptly drove it into an apple tree on 75% power ( i had been running on 50% previously).
It lasted 24 hours.

I drove in to the local hobby store on friday and got all the parts plus some Pro line trenchers and got it all working for sunday. I then blew out the right wheel hub bearing.
It lasted 24 hours.

As a noob I'm slowly working my way through each fix but it's getting a little questionable if I can keep this thing in a working state for more then a day.

Ive ordered the parts to rebuild the front end but it will take a few days if not a week to get them all here.
Let's just put it this way.. it ain't the rig!! 🤣

Now that I think about it my daughter immediately drove it into a lawn chair, turned it around and then drove it into a deck post...

You may be on to something... the apple fell under the tree lol

My advice..
Buy some 3S batteries to use with this rig so even at 100% power it's not going to over power your current level of skill..

The pinion failure is common. Get rid of the stock “safety-d” stuff and get a quality pinion from Saga, Tekno, Robinson, etc.
And extreme cold breaks plastic so fast it’s crazy. Any hard impact and pieces fall out into your hand.
Keep bearings on hand.
You’ll have a blast with it this summer.

The pinion failure is common. Get rid of the stock “safety-d” stuff and get a quality pinion from Saga, Tekno, Robinson, etc.
And extreme cold breaks plastic so fast it’s crazy. Any hard impact and pieces fall out into your hand.
Keep bearings on hand.
You’ll have a blast with it this summer.
What u talking about Willis!!

Sheeesh, quite the repair bill that things' racked up already. My FT ate through 2 wheel bearings on the third pack. The stock Arrma bearings suck for FT use, I replaced of my wheel bearings with Winter Evening bearings...we'll see how many packs they last. If you haven't already replaced your wheel bearings, I'd put that on the list of things to do.

All the brand references help as i shop for better replacements. Im thinking of alu steering couplers.

The 3s is a good idea as well that i hadn't considered. I only have one set of 4s lipos right now.

I am definately learning how to wrench on it but thats set off a whole other list of issues like having proper tools. I ordered a bearing tool today and when i ordered the bearings i got two sets but i did get stock. Ill have to look at the other brands.

On the plus side i got its new home (apparently long term care) printed today. Thanks to the kind soul who put this on thingiverse if you are on here.

20230410_204843.jpg

20230410_205310.jpg

All the brand references help as i shop for better replacements. Im thinking of alu steering couplers.

The 3s is a good idea as well that i hadn't considered. I only have one set of 4s lipos right now.

I am definately learning how to wrench on it but thats set off a whole other list of issues like having proper tools. I ordered a bearing tool today and when i ordered the bearings i got two sets but i did get stock. Ill have to look at the other brands.

On the plus side i got its new home (apparently long term care) printed today. Thanks to the kind soul who put this on thingiverse if you are on here.

View attachment 291904

View attachment 291905
Don't be offended, but your post really made me laugh.😅 These 6s rigs are STOOPID FAST!!! Check out MIP hex drivers. They're pricey but the 1st repair you do with them you'll thank me & wonder how you did any wrenching before (except strip/round out screws). Most common sizes are 1.5mm, 2mm & 2.5mm. Welcome to the wonderful world of the Arrma forum, lots of very helpful information & extremely knowledgeable folks here. Ask away if you run into any more issues 🙂👍🤘

No offense taken, it was meant to be a amusing. Ive seen the MIP drivers in my search. Ill pick a set up. I did get a nice set of bits as well at the hobby store.

All my parts shipped so thats good news. The hobby stores seem to get the orders out in about 48 hours which is nice.

One of the stores didnt have the pins so i ended up ordering those from another store and adding 2 sets of Pro line belted badlands to get free shipping... lol

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back