Typhon Project "Lightweight"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dscracing1320

BIG AIR BASHER
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave
  7. Mojave EXB
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Senton 3s
  11. Talion
  12. Typhon 6s
  13. Typhon 3s
I use to race 1/8 buggies before I turned big air basher but getting a v5 Typhon definitely gave me the urge to go fast around turns again 😅 not just full sends non stop.. I definitely enjoy the Typhon and currently holds my track record atm so I treated her to the light weight upgrades from M2C and BasherQueen plus some Hybrid ceramic bearings and aluminum hingepin blocks..
Waiting on my 25T horn and she'll be ready to hit the track again.

M2C lightweight speed chassis, Standoffs, braces, Outdrives, skid plates hardened hinge pins..

BasherQueen Top plate, Towers, and Steering Ackerman plate.

Reef's 400sc servo

I have a sensored system ready to go in once I squeeze everything out of the stock spektrum system

20210412_120219.jpg
20210412_120051.jpg
20210412_120033.jpg
20210412_115731.jpg
20210412_115506.jpg
20210412_115526.jpg
20210412_115349.jpg
20210412_115319.jpg
20210412_115415.jpg

Looks great and I can imagine its a blast to drive on the track!

I had once ordered from a kit breaker all the hardware/screws for an Arrma 6s. The weight is pretty significant!
If you can get other screws in Titanium that would certainly help. Also an old racers trick is to cut the screws just long enough for what is needed to reduce weight....

1618248640232.png

Looks awesome! What kind of fans do you have on the ESC and motor?
On the esc I always use the nitro hobbies 30mm turbo fans and they are light and work great even when over gearing. It's my 1st time using the nhx fans on the motor but with the 20t pinion she needs a little help. Fans are nice aluminum but the Heatsink doesn't clamp tight enough and moves around on big jumps even with 2 zip ties.
Looks great and I can imagine its a blast to drive on the track!

I had once ordered from a kit breaker all the hardware/screws for an Arrma 6s. The weight is pretty significant!
If you can get other screws in Titanium that would certainly help. Also an old racers trick is to cut the screws just long enough for what is needed to reduce weight....

View attachment 139218
Can't cut these m2c Standoffs have the hex in the screw and want to be able to tighten them if need be. Definitely would like some titanium screws throughout 👍

On the esc I always use the nitro hobbies 30mm turbo fans and they are light and work great even when over gearing. It's my 1st time using the nhx fans on the motor but with the 20t pinion she needs a little help. Fans are nice aluminum but the Heatsink doesn't clamp tight enough and moves around on big jumps even with 2 zip ties.

Can't cut these m2c Standoffs have the hex in the screw and want to be able to tighten them if need be. Definitely would like some titanium screws throughout 👍
Is it rhe firma 150a esc?

Do you know before and after weights?
I wrote everything down, EVERYTHING Weighed individually then my lovely wife threw the notes away.. lol the stock v5 chassis is almost 300g and the lightened M2c chassis is 275g the carbon towers with Standoffs are around 20g lighter each. So its a good bit lighter overall. Should make for a weapon. Only weight I added was the skids.. but felt it necessary wore the v5 chassis out in only a week.
Is it rhe firma 150a esc?
Atm it is
If she runs as good as she looks she will be awesome! (y)
Thanks, And let's hope so lol 😁👍

I wrote everything down, EVERYTHING Weighed individually then my lovely wife threw the notes away.. lol the stock v5 chassis is almost 300g and the lightened M2c chassis is 275g the carbon towers with Standoffs are around 20g lighter each. So its a good bit lighter overall. Should make for a weapon

Atm it is

Thanks, And let's hope so lol 😁👍
If this is a track car, do you really need the metal front and rear chassis braces? Just asking because that seems like a lot of extra weight for a buggy that's not likely gonna get sent that high. Looks great btw.

Why not run a carbon fibre chassis that would make it extra light. Tp is showing the way forward with Lee's cf chassis atm. If that can withstand what he puts it through that is the way forward for weight watchers. I'll definitely be putting my 8s outcast on a carbon fibre chassis as soon as hotdog makes me one 😁

If this is a track car, do you really need the metal front and rear chassis braces? Just asking because that seems like a lot of extra weight for a buggy that's not likely gonna get sent that high. Looks great btw.
It's not a track only car by no means. I raced for Tekno and this doesn't hold a candle against a real race buggy. Since I'm a arrma guy and have about 12 arrma rigs this is just my fastest arrma around my home track. It's basically my race basher. And the braces are 7075 ultra lightweight but definitely needed with the 3mm speed chassis. It does flex.

It's not a track only car by no means. I raced for Tekno and this doesn't hold a candle against a real race buggy. Since I'm a arrma guy and have about 12 arrma rigs this is just my fastest arrma around my home track. It's basically my race basher. And the braces are 7075 ultra lightweight but definitely needed with the 3mm speed chassis. It does flex.
Understood. Great build. Would love to know how it holds up against Tekno, Losi, Associated and all the other purpose built race buggies. No expectations, just curious.

Understood. Great build. Would love to know how it holds up against Tekno, Losi, Associated and all the other purpose built race buggies. No expectations, just curious.
I own eb48.3 and typhon 6s... eb48 running protek 350 servo and mannnn that eb is hands better on track/street both on 6s. Its weight difference definitely eb all day not sure on other cars you mentioned

I'll be honest my race buggies are Precise and agile.. the Typhon is raw and aggressive. Perfect for all out power slides and full throttle reverse entries. Not the fastest way around a track but definitely the most fun and most entertaining lol

I'll be honest my race buggies are Precise and agile.. the Typhon is raw and aggressive. Perfect for all out power slides and full throttle reverse entries. Not the fastest way around a track but definitely the most fun and most entertaining lol
Agree all day...the cars can run same setup everything but a eb on 4s is deadly on a truck even 6s eb goes crazy on street.
Did we just start a tekno vs typhon war 😂
Who else owns both vehicle's and trust a friend to run the other vehicle? But same setup on 6s full send only

I don't have local friends just yall on this app spread out across the world. Anyone from san diego

Last edited:
May be able to run the infraction towers/shocks and take a little more material out of the equation as well. I think basherqueen made cf towers for it too. I just have the stock towers on one of my tphons.

typhon11.jpg

Threw on some fresh katars and made a few shake down laps and boy she's a lively one. Fast servo and 500k in the center makes for a hand full. So far I'm absolutely loving it. 😁

I'll mount up the race tires tomorrow if I get a chance to prep the track and see what the lap times are 👍

20210413_164909.jpg
20210413_165052.jpg
20210413_165008.jpg

20210413_171336.jpg
20210413_171154(1).jpg
20210413_171356.jpg
20210413_171017.jpg
20210413_171112.jpg

20210413_164909.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back