Project "SCYLLA"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
First build thread here so go easy on me.

Will be a slow build as and when i have the time and funds.

SCYLLA.png

Scylla is a monster in Greek mythology, supposedly with 6 heads, said to be dog or wolf like.

I will leave you with just this picture to start with, i'm sure you can figure out where this is going.

PXL_20230119_164731280.MP.jpg

View attachment 276547

Scylla is a monster in Greek mythology, supposedly with 6 heads, said to be dog or wolf like.

I will leave you with just this picture to start with, i'm sure you can figure out where this is going.

View attachment 276548
I'll be watching 👍

Very nice start!! The beginning of something beautiful I'm sure. Just out of curiosity since I made a chassis too, how thick is your aluminum and what grade? Mine is a little over 3mm and 5051. I also then lined it with a carbon fiber sheet that was another 2mm.

View attachment 276547

View attachment 276548
Interesting. Is the extra axle going to steer also? If not it may under steer.

Would be cool if he did double axle stearing👍. wouldn't double stearing be helpful for crawlers? @ColosTommy what kind of beast build is this going to be used for? My one concern would be because of the length if your going to be doing jumps with this I hope the center brace and chassis will be strong enough .the center if it's not supported enough will be the weak point.
We are all excited to know what you plan to do.😁👍

I'll be watching 👍

How long did you extended Big Rock chassis end up? I don't think it will be quite as long as that.

that looks really good! I love the chassis plan. please keep us updated. Don't want to offend you, but if its the funds staying in your way, I might be able to help out here and there.
really excited to see how this goes on! enjoy the journey.

I appreciate the offer, i should be ok for now.

Very nice start!! The beginning of something beautiful I'm sure. Just out of curiosity since I made a chassis too, how thick is your aluminum and what grade? Mine is a little over 3mm and 5051. I also then lined it with a carbon fiber sheet that was another 2mm.

It was your build thread that inspired me to have a got at this. I wasn't planning on doing any carbon fibre reinforcement, as i've never worked with the material before, so i made the aluminium thicker in order to compensate for the extra weight and length it would be hauling around. So my stock outcast chassis in the pictures measured up 3mm thick and is bent, so i opted for 5mm 7075 t6.

Interesting. Is the extra axle going to steer also? If not it may under steer.

This has been a consideration for me, i thought the exact same thing, but i was also concerned it would become unstable at high speed with rear wheel steer. What i decided to do was build it up as is and see how it behaves, i will have the parts necessary to convert to rear steer if needed. I thought i could set it up to steer only, say 15% (i can dial this in with trial and error) of the motion of the front wheel to help turn in. These were my thoughts, would love for more peoples thoughts and input on it tho.

PXL_20230119_160009885.MP.jpg

PXL_20230119_160031370.MP.jpg

Would be cool if he did double axle stearing👍. wouldn't double stearing be helpful for crawlers? @ColosTommy what kind of beast build is this going to be used for? My one concern would be because of the length if your going to be doing jumps with this I hope the center brace and chassis will be strong enough .the center if it's not supported enough will be the weak point.
We are all excited to know what you plan to do.😁👍

Its main focus is just gonna be bashing around off road, rough fields and grass etc. As you say the extra length will be a concern with jumps, more weight more leverage. The plan is twin motor, so there's gonna be a lot of weight with double the motor, esc and batteries.

In fact that's probably my largest concern with this build, weight. There's a risk theis will be as long and as heavy as an 8s kraton/outcast but with the component strength of a 6s. Which will obviously be far from ideal.

PXL_20230119_163844474.MP.jpg

PXL_20230119_163904518.MP.jpg

Last edited:
So on Big Papa long Rock I never measured the chassis when I fabricated it.i used 2 lwb chassis and merged them together.but right as it sits from front splitter to rear diffuser it's 32" long. Seems like your build will be a lot longer👍

How long did you extended Big Rock chassis end up? I don't think it will be quite as long as that.

It was your build thread that inspired me to have a got at this. I wasn't planning on doing any carbon fibre reinforcement, as i've never worked with the material before, so i made the aluminium thicker in order to compensate for the extra weight and length it would be hauling around. So my stock outcast chassis in the pictures measured up 3mm thick and is bent, so i opted for 5mm 7075 t6.

This has been a consideration for me, i thought the exact same thing, but i was also concerned it would become unstable at high speed with rear wheel steer. What i decided to do was build it up as is and see how it behaves, i will have the parts necessary to convert to rear steer if needed. I thought i could set it up to steer only, say 15% (i can dial this in with trial and error) of the motion of the front wheel to help turn in. These were my thoughts, would love for more peoples thoughts and input on it tho.

View attachment 276588

View attachment 276589
I am happy to inspire :D, a 6x6 was always an idea but im happy to watch someone else spend their money on it instead of me as Goliath has eaten a lot already:ROFLMAO: . I am PUMPED to see the progression of this. You don't need to spill the beans yet but I am dying to see if this will be on or off-road and what size batteries you are going to run an such!! And body, thats another tricky one especially for this........

BUT! Oh my heavens she is THICK :love: Yeah my plan was to always end up with a 7075 version but at this point its holding up quite well so I might not have to, then again it hasn't taken any brutal hits yet so that could change in a moment

The chassis measures 615mm in length, so 24.2 inches. So a baby compared Big Papa long Rock and Goliath.

Body wise, once im further along with the build, i'm to find a fellow RC'er loacally who has and 8s Kraton/outcast or an Xmaxx who will let me test fit their body on my chassis. Some modification will be needed for the end result but that will tell me if the dimensions are roughly right to begin with.

I want you to check out @StephenSchandelmayer his extendo build and also @Tex Koder extendo build also . there's is well over 35" long ..only a selective few on here with these types of custom extended builds. I'm glad to see someone else now doing this..I'm not done with mine yet..still have plenty to do before I call it finished..can't wait to see how yours comes out👍😁

The chassis measures 615mm in length, so 24.2 inches. So a baby compared Big Papa long Rock and Goliath.

Body wise, once im further along with the build, i'm to find a fellow RC'er loacally who has and 8s Kraton/outcast or an Xmaxx who will let me test fit their body on my chassis. Some modification will be needed for the end result but that will tell me if the dimensions are roughly right to begin with.
Interestingly shorter than I imagined, but that might actually be a good thing. I think an Xmaxx body might actually fit yours just right. I will post some pictures here with a tape measure next to my xmaxx body so you can at-least get an idea of the dimensions. The xmaxx body is significantly longer than kraton or outcast 8s. If you happen to have an infraction/limitless/felony I can tell you that the kraton and outcast body fit on that with the fenders lined up perfectly with the tires

View attachment 276588

View attachment 276589

Its main focus is just gonna be bashing around off road, rough fields and grass etc. As you say the extra length will be a concern with jumps, more weight more leverage. The plan is twin motor, so there's gonna be a lot of weight with double the motor, esc and batteries.

In fact that's probably my largest concern with this build, weight. There's a risk theis will be as long and as heavy as an 8s kraton/outcast but with the component strength of a 6s. Which will obviously be far from ideal.

View attachment 276591

View attachment 276592
That's insane!!

I've Sub'd
And Will be keeping a close 👀 on your build.
Very Exciting to witness these Totally unique designs and builds!!
Love it 💥🦖

So right now just your chassis is 24.2' and when you add front bumper and rear bumper you'll add more inches to this build.i bet you'll exceed over 30".if not then close to it.👍😁 .I'm sure it's gonna be beeeeutiful

Also, when you're ready for all wheel steering (AWS), let me know..
I've thought up some solutions already that was intended for Mr. @StephenSchandelmayer 's Goliath.

I believe once it's implemented it'll take your rig to a totally another level. It would be freakish to see such a large vehicle steer as tightly as a small 1/10 rig 👊🦍

Oh and regarding your concern over weight and how the shock springs will handle it...
Talk to @StephenSchandelmayer ,he found some great solutions for his Goliath's weight problem.

Last edited:
I've thought up some solutions already that was intended for Mr. @StephenSchandelmayer 's Goliath.

I believe once it's implemented it'll take your rig to a totally another level. It would be freakish to see such a large vehicle steer as tightly as a small 1/10 rig 👊🦍
I feel it might be more needed on his because he will have 4 tires in the rear fighting the steering. Goliath has so much darn torque it'll spin real easy if you want it to. It would be pretty amazing to see all 6 of his turning though, @ColosTommy you got a clean slate to do whatever so think big!!

Oh and regarding your concern over weight and how the shock springs will handle it...
Talk to @StephenSchandelmayer ,he found some great solutions for his Goliath's weight problem.
I love it when a plan comes together 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back