Mojave Project "Sunburn" Mojave Body speed run build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dscracing1320

BIG AIR BASHER
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave
  7. Mojave EXB
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Senton 3s
  11. Talion
  12. Typhon 6s
  13. Typhon 3s
I recently moved to the mountains and in a strange turn of events I now have several 2000' straight pieces of smooth straight roads around me.. so let's see what I can make happen. Currently have a 135mph infection.

What I love about building rigs especially Arrmas are the wide variety of interchangeable parts, and one thing that's always impressed me was a fast mojave body. I say body because it's the part that impresses me not necessarily the parts attached to the build. Even the "fast mojave" guys aren't using mojave gears but Insist their builds are all mojave lol but the great thing about these cars are you can do whatever makes you happy. And I'm not going after any record of recognition for a particular platform.

I'm currently building it as we speak I will be adding pictures in the build log section. I haven't made my mind up on the chassis yet. I'm probably going with a carbon Evo chassis. It's only in mockup currently.

I will be using a xlx2 1100kv. What gearing should I start with? I'm think around 34 spool 40 pinion?

20220921_134714.jpg
20220921_134750.jpg
20220921_135321.jpg
20220920_180424.jpg
20220920_171122.jpg
20220920_170729.jpg
20220920_170516.jpg
20220920_124527.jpg
20220916_220807.jpg
20220916_220822.jpg

I recently moved to the mountains and in a strange turn of events I now have several 2000' straight pieces of smooth straight roads around me.. so let's see what I can make happen. Currently have a 135mph infection.

What I love about building rigs especially Arrmas are the wide variety of interchangeable parts, and one thing that's always impressed me was a fast mojave body. I say body because it's the part that impresses me not necessarily the parts attached to the build. Even the "fast mojave" guys aren't using mojave gears but Insist their builds are all mojave lol but the great thing about these cars are you can do whatever makes you happy. And I'm not going after any record of recognition for a particular platform.

I'm currently building it as we speak I will be adding pictures in the build log section. I haven't made my mind up on the chassis yet. I'm probably going with a carbon Evo chassis. It's only in mockup currently.

I will be using a xlx2 1100kv. What gearing should I start with? I'm think around 34 spool 40 pinion?

View attachment 245127View attachment 245128View attachment 245129View attachment 245130View attachment 245131View attachment 245132View attachment 245133View attachment 245134View attachment 245135View attachment 245136

Gearing depends on how many cells you are running. Plays a small factor. There is a couple of apps that will help you on what Gearing you needs.
Here's some basic examples on 6s.
Along with 3.8 ratio. Unless you are using gp5 diffs?
Also have to account for voltage sag... the app doesn't factor that in.
Screenshot_20220922-071805.jpg

Screenshot_20220922-071739.jpg

I have a gear calculator. I'm on gp5 gears. I'm interested in seeing if I can get 100mph on 6s then move to 8s
Gearing depends on how many cells you are running. Plays a small factor. There is a couple of apps that will help you on what Gearing you needs.
Here's some basic examples on 6s.
Along with 3.8 ratio. Unless you are using gp5 diffs?
Also have to account for voltage sag... the app doesn't factor that in.
View attachment 245166

View attachment 245167

I have a gear calculator. I'm on gp5 gears. I'm interested in seeing if I can get 100mph on 6s then move to 8s

I'm sure it's possible with correct gearing... anything is possible. These are 6s passes on my v2.

Screenshot_20220910-124028_GNSS PA.jpg

Screenshot_20220910-125128_GNSS PA.jpg

Screenshot_20220910-162113_GNSS PA.jpg

Nice Mojave! I cant believe I missed this post.
I recently just made mine a street Mojave, now that my local park is loaded with soccer players all day and all night EVERY DAY!
I love the orange and black. Just in time for Halloween too.
But I'm guessing its really an Infraction on a Mojave chassis? That's basically what I did to mine, minus the shock towers. Still waiting on the shim kit for my exb diffs. I should probably do the shock towers too to be able to use the Infraction rear diffuser.
I really wanna put my XLX2/1100kv in mine, but I think I'll need the Scorched center shafts first.
Something about a street Mojave just looks so frickin' good to me.
Great job!

Edit: just found the build thread. 👍

Last edited:

View attachment 245127View attachment 245128View attachment 245129View attachment 245130View attachment 245131View attachment 245132View attachment 245133View attachment 245134View attachment 245135View attachment 245136
That looks so good! Great choice in colour! Really makes this one stand out!

Can we see pics under the hood? Curious to see how you modified the Mojave chassis as I might build a street Mojave too over the winter.

Looks really good.
It looks like you know what you are doing but wanted to mention travel limiters in the shocks to help avoid blow overs. I think for bodies like this the setup having rake would be good to have the nose down and rear end up.

DUDE I love it to death🤙🤙 it’s perfect in my eyes, nice job good taste in style and design.
Nice Mojave! I cant believe I missed this post.
I recently just made mine a street Mojave, now that my local park is loaded with soccer players all day and all night EVERY DAY!
I love the orange and black. Just in time for Halloween too.
But I'm guessing its really an Infraction on a Mojave chassis? That's basically what I did to mine, minus the shock towers. Still waiting on the shim kit for my exb diffs. I should probably do the shock towers too to be able to use the Infraction rear diffuser.
I really wanna put my XLX2/1100kv in mine, but I think I'll need the Scorched center shafts first.
Something about a street Mojave just looks so frickin' good to me.
Great job!

Edit: just found the build thread. 👍
That Mojave body & stance is the PERFECT foundation for a SICK Hooned out drifter🤙

Last edited:
DUDE I love it to death🤙🤙 it’s perfect in my eyes, nice job good taste in style and design.

That Mojave body & stance is the PERFECT foundation for a SICK Hooned out drifter🤙
I think so also. Just waiting to find another castle xlx2 so I don't have to rob another project. And I'll continue the build.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back