Typhon Project typhon Hybrid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusmart79

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
The start of my next project. I want to hear you guys recommendations for upgrades I wanna go fast off-road on road with good reliability and a bulletproof driveline.

B67ACA03-9C7F-4C7E-8694-778933C76280.jpeg

On my typhon 6s before I went 8s I ran
60/500/30 fluids(great mix)
60wt shock oil
2.8 badlands narrow ones
Markhor shock towers
M2c chassis brace
M2c chassis
This was my beginning stages of upgrading 😂
Now its looks like this

View attachment 151550
Did you upgrade any of the diff or driveline what ru running for gears and yeah that’s one hell of a bad ass looking rig!!!

Shoot the stock electronics on 4S with 20T is pretty badass and runs pack after pack. On 6S it shreds tires.

I recommend aluminum diff housing, aluminum bulkheads, and the full aluminum HR ez mount for the center diff. These items will stop any flexing and heat issues for the diffs.

I use the arrma aluminum diff housing. You can also see the HR center diff mount. Also want stronger servo, and I use the EXB servo mount, and the heavy EXB servo saver spring.

20210417_110550.jpg

Shoot the stock electronics on 4S with 20T is pretty badass and runs pack after pack. On 6S it shreds
Shoot the stock electronics on 4S with 20T is pretty badass and runs pack after pack. On 6S it shreds tires.
I plan on running mostly 4s but will have 6s on hand for when I’m feeling frisky lol
I recommend aluminum diff housing, aluminum bulkheads, and the full aluminum HR ez mount for the center diff. These items will stop any flexing and heat issues for the diffs.

I use the arrma aluminum diff housing. You can also see the HR center diff mount. Also want stronger servo, and I use the EXB servo mount, and the heavy EXB servo saver spring.

View attachment 151555
Yeah I plan on getting rid of anything plastic I was looking at the aluminum bulkheads also not sure if they’re worth it.

I have two Typhon 6S. One is M2C’d out and the other is pretty much an EXB. But knowing what I do now, I would buy a V5 and run the wheels off it.

Haven't run it yet...when I was geared at 28/46 2200 on 6s I hit 92 with fwd only a few times 😂 I snapped the 8mm driveshaft pin off
That’s moving
But anyways I want to thank you guys for taking the time to drop some knowledge on me this is only my 2nd Arrma build been a Traxxas fanboy for many years but it’s safe to say that I’m on the Armma wagon now This forum is great. 👍

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back