Typhon Project Typhon Street Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Thinking about giving my Typhon a makeover. Made a ton of changes to it so far, I'll list all I can remember at the bottom of this post. With the rainy season moving in, most of my current bash spots will have huge puddles and/or mud to contend with.

I have a new body to paint that is a perfect fit for the 6s SWB chassis, a 1993 Ford F250 JConcepts body. I have the Talion EXB bumper on the front and with the T-bone bumper in the rear the body's bumpers sit perfectly in between. Got the Outcast side guards/roll hoop and Senton 6s body mounts. Also have Talion lowered wing mounts and was thinking I would trim the back of the truck to fit the wing on top and the T-bone bumper on the bottom for offroad, would leave off the rear bumper for street bashing.

Update: Decision made, lol, its going to be a street basher.

Current build:

Aluminum parts
M2C 4mm chassis
Hot Racing rear diff housing/gearbox cover/sway bar cover
Arrma metal center diff case
Hot Racing center diff mount/cover
EXB chassis brace and spacers
STRC wing mount
ESC mount/servo mount/servo arm
King Hobby hinge pin braces

Carbon fiber parts
Basherqueen Towers, top plate, ackerman bar

Shocks
Stock shock bodies/rods/caps with 50w front/60w rear
Tekno orange springs
M2C delrin pistons

Electronics
Hobbywing Max 6
Hobbystar 4082
30kg servo
Dumbo receiver/transmitter

Other
Talion EXB front bumper, lowered wing mount
Kraton hexes, hubs, axles
T-bone rear bumper
Senton 6s body mounts

All input appreciated. For now, I'm going to step outside on the patio with some purple urkle and think this over....

20221021_230706.jpg

20221021_230850.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking about giving my Typhon a makeover. Made a ton of changes to it so far, I'll list all I can remember at the bottom of this post. With the rainy season moving in, most of my current bash spots will have huge puddles and/or mud to contend with.

I already added the Kraton hexes/hubs/axles and ran my Typhon with the 2.8MT Badlands (not the belted version). Some things I liked, but definitely not as nimble and precise. I'm sure with more practice I could dial it in a bit, so I'm considering going that route, but....
I've also been wanting to do some on road bashing and I have a set of GRPs and a new speed analyzer, could be fun. :unsure: 😆
I have a 2wd 4s Stampede for offroading, wouldn't mind a street basher that doesn't need a minimum of 20 minutes to clean up after a bash, lol.

I have a new body to paint that is a perfect fit for the 6s SWB chassis, a 1993 Ford F250 JConcepts body. I have the Talion EXB bumper on the front and with the T-bone bumper in the rear the body's bumpers sit perfectly in between. Got the Outcast side guards/roll hoop and Senton 6s body mounts. Also have Talion lowered wing mounts and was thinking I would trim the back of the truck to fit the wing on top and the T-bone bumper on the bottom. For street bashing I might leave off the rear bumper.

Current build:

Aluminum parts
M2C 4mm chassis
Hot Racing rear diff housing/gearbox cover/sway bar cover
Arrma metal center diff case
Hot Racing center diff mount/cover
EXB chassis brace and spacers
STRC wing mount
ESC mount/servo mount/servo arm
King Hobby hinge pin braces

Carbon fiber parts
Basherqueen Towers, top plate, ackerman bar

Shocks
Stock shock bodies/rods/caps with 50w front/60w rear
Tekno orange springs
M2C delrin pistons

Electronics
Hobbywing Max 6
Hobbystar 4082
30kg servo
Dumbo receiver/transmitter

Other
Talion EXB front bumper, lowered wing mount
Kraton hexes, hubs, axles
T-bone rear bumper
Senton 6s body mounts

All input appreciated. For now, I'm going to step outside on the patio with some purple urkle and think this over....

View attachment 251472

View attachment 251473
I'm kinda doing the same, but different...
Love being able to make these things our own machines 🥰 those jetkos? If so (or not) I think that your rear tires need swapped L/R

Probably get another off road bash or 2 and then clean this thing up and make it a parking lot basher for a while.
Running 25/46 gearing with the 1600kv 4082 motor. Those grp's are a good bit smaller than buggy, I have pinions up to 30t, probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get some in the 31-35 range if I want to run 4s.

20221022_001012.jpg

Love being able to make these things our own machines 🥰 those jetkos? If so (or not) I think that your rear tires need swapped L/R
Powerhobby belted armors, great tires. Haha, didn't notice I put them on like that

Last edited:
Probably get another off road bash or 2 and then clean this thing up and make it a parking lot basher for a while.
Running 25/46 gearing with the 1600kv 4082 motor. Those grp's are a good bit smaller than buggy, I have pinions up to 30t, probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get some in the 31-35 range if I want to run 4s.

View attachment 251478

Powerhobby belted armors, great tires.
I just put a new driveline in mine w/ a 50T. I'm thinking of maybe putting the 46t spur on instead. Not short on 5mm pinions. I wanna be able to rip up a parking lot or a gravel lot w/ a tire change. Fun effing buggy either way!!!🥰

View attachment 251478

Powerhobby belted armors, great tires. Haha, didn't notice I put them on like that
Just bought a set of powerhobby belted as well. Raptor I believe, really impressed so far. I will shred a tire quickly, but those have held up surprisingly well. I'll buy em again

Tough decision, but decided to go street basher for a while. Too many tempting opportunities with empty parking lots close by and empty for evenings & weekends. Plus, I got my rig all cleaned up and saw the wing fits perfect on F250 body, should be a pretty wild looking street basher!

20221022_192458.jpg

20221022_192537.jpg

Last edited:
Got the wiring cleaned up a little better, now time to figure out the paint scheme...going to be fall colors. Got some Spaz Stix light orange metallic and candy root beer gold, one or both of those will be involved.😎

20221022_214619.jpg

Got the body painted, Tamiya copper and black. Pretty happy with the results. Got an xxx main carbon fiber sticker for the bed, really good quality stickers, the carbon fiber has texture you can see in the pic.
Just need to do a final trim out and put the stickers on, will get that by tomorrow evening hopefully.

20221027_185659.jpg

Well crap, I guess I'm just an off road kind of guy. Been out with my street truck Typhon 3 or 4 times now and just get bored quickly. Stopped bashing today after about 5 minutes and called it a day.

Guess there was only one way to find out if I liked something besides off road. 🤣

Got some Limitless towers and shocks from Jenny's in the mail today, gonna throw those on and give it another shot. Also going to ditch the truggified stance, did that for off road, but stock would probably steer tighter.

Wouldn't say its truly boring. Its just feels limited to me compared to off road and I'm scared of the curbs more than most of the off road obstacles I deal with! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Hopefully changing the towers/shocks and detruggifying will liven it up and make it feel more controllable so I can blast a little harder. Anybody else here that didn't like on road at first but ended up liking it a lot?

Last edited:
I’ve only got my street stretched Typhon and so far I’m having a tough time really getting into it. I’m going to do a silly over powered build on mine and hope it sparks my interest.

Oh well, I gave it an honest try again today, but road bashing isn't for me. Not sure what to do with the Typhon now that I know I'm not into road bashing like I had hoped. Its still not durable enough to be a reliable jumper even after spending a small fortune in upgrades. Maybe I should sell it and buy a rock crawler? :ROFLMAO: Not sure yet, maybe a Kraton or Talion conversion, I'd have more places to bash with more ground clearance... 🤔

Edit: MT style Kraton conversion. One of the reasons I haven't enjoyed my Typhon as much is my best spot for bashing it is no longer reliable at all. The other spots I have for it are okay, but not enough room for something so ballistic fast. I was hoping street bashing would work for me, but I just crave that off road dirt/dust/rocks/etc. 😎 I would have at least 3-4 new bash spots if I had something with more ground clearance, one of them would be an awesome spot. I'll post separate about the conversion.

Last edited:
going on-road with the typhon 6s only problmem is that my rear hubs im upgrading to the alumium hot racing. my main issue is the stock rear hubs seem to be shorter than the hr ones and the axel is too short. can i just use the kraton axels?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back