Proline 2.8 trencher/desperado wheel question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Souljah96786

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I just got an arrma granite 4x4 blx. I want to Chang the tires/wheels to 2.8 proline trencher/desperado combo. Question is are they a direct fit, or do I need to change anything. Also will it slow the truck down if I did so? Thx guys. Sorry, new to this echo stuff!

You have 14mm hubs stock so you'll need to adapt to 12mm or 17mm. The Trenchers may be 17mm so I'd get the Hot Racing 10mm extensions and then you'll be good to go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...922807&hash=item3d81f84bf7:g:hrMAAOSwDEBcU4Fw

If you get the 12mm hub Trenchers you can use the Duratrax hubs but not sure if the clearance is good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Duratrax-C3596-12mm-Aluminum-Wheel-Hub-Adapter-Arrma-4x4-4/264299360356?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Thanks man. Anyone know if the 12mm duratrax will work as far as clearance is concerned?

Thanks man. Anyone know if the 12mm duratrax will work as far as clearance is concerned?

I plan to check this weekend. I now have a used granite 4x4 blx and have duratrax hubs. Also have belted Trenchers. Just need to find time to try it out.

So I ordered the duratrax hubs, and 12 to 17 mm adapters. What size prolines do I buy? 2.8?

Thank you. Do I need to use both the duratrax and the 12-17mm adapters?
Also on amazon for the prolines I like I see two different model numbers. One is 117013 and the other 117012. Anyone know which one exactly I need? Thanks in advance.

Also on amazon for the prolines I like I see two different model numbers. One is 117013 and the other 117012. Anyone know which one exactly I need? Thanks in advance.
Anyone know which one?

Attachments

• 39FF263D-706B-4678-B2C9-B55581B2FABE.png
    39FF263D-706B-4678-B2C9-B55581B2FABE.png
    538.1 KB · Views: 67
Both are mounted for 12mm hubs so theyll fit Duratrax when you change. There may be a slight offset between them both. You wont need the extensions from HR if you get these but you also may not have the clearance (but probably will)
Most people use Badlands here and have recently started buying the new Trencher belted release that can be changed on the wheel from 12mm to 17mm.
I think the reason you weren't able to get a solid answer is because very few active members have real experience with these yet on these trucks.
Im also not completely certain but if you buy from Amazon you should be able to return them easily.
Both are mounted for 12mm hubs so theyll fit Duratrax when you change. There may be a slight offset between them both. You wont need the extensions from HR if you get these but you also may not have the clearance (but probably will)
Most people use Badlands here and have recently started buying the new Trencher belted release that can be changed on the wheel from 12mm to 17mm.
I think the reason you weren't able to get a solid answer is because very few active members have real experience with these yet on these trucks.
Im also not completely certain but if you buy from Amazon you should be able to return them easily.
You could also contact ProLine and theyll be able to tell you the difference between the two model numbers.

You could also contact ProLine and theyll be able to tell you the difference between the two model numbers.
Thanks guys. I’m deployed right now so can’t call. This was my only way of getting info. I ordered all the above and an arrma granite 4x4 blx. Can’t wait to get home in a week and a have all this stuff waiting on me. Anyways thx guys.

Thanks guys. I’m deployed right now so can’t call. This was my only way of getting info. I ordered all the above and an arrma granite 4x4 blx. Can’t wait to get home in a week and a have all this stuff waiting on me. Anyways thx guys.

You'll be in good shape when you get home. I don't think you need anything else right away to get runnin strong but may want to consider the Hot Racing motor plate / mount because the mesh on these 4x4 3s trucks is way tight. It's an easy install and will allow you to change pinions easily. I'm runnin 18t pinion on my Big Rock Crew Cab and it's fast but runs hot. Might want to get you a motor fan if it seems to run hot. I use 5000mah 3s packs so motor doesn't get too hot before I need to change out another pack to keep running.
You may also want to get a bearing set before long too. About $25 for all of em from AVID or Fast Eddy. I like AVID and the kit includes the steering bearings to replace cheaper bushings that come stock.
Good luck and holler back when you get up and running. That's a fun truck and so much you can do to make it fly. ???? ??

Anyone know which one?

To get the wider stance you want the ones listed for the Electric Stampede/Rustler 2wd front not the rear. The rear may work but the wheels will be will be sucked in closer to the chassis closer to a zero offset. The way the a-arms are on the 2wd Traxxas vehicles are the hexes on the wheels have to be offset differently to get the same track front to rear.

not tire related but pick up the front bumper and wheelie bar/rear bumper from tboneracing.net and your truck will be well protected. best money i've spent on my truck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back